Camels Milk in soap

Candybee

I've been reading about camels milk and how good it is for you. So I googled camel soap and there are some using camel's milk for soaping. It's supposed to be pretty nice. It's pretty much like using any other milk but the camel's milk itself could be a good selling point.

Anyone tried camel's milk in CP soap? From what I have seen wow! It's really pricey! Not sure it would be cost effective in soap. But I am intrigued.

I personally don't think it would be a good selling point here in the states, but who knows!  The best milk IMHO is goat's milk, as it has so many good benefits for your skin and it makes the best facial soap ever!!

I was reading about it on another soaping forum. That's where I first heard of it. Apparently it is selling well and there are camel farms in the US. There is supposed to be some pretty good health benefits to drinking camel's milk. That's what got me intrigued. Then I started reading about the camel milk soap. The pictures and descriptions of the soap and milk really got me interested in trying it. But I am not finding a source that has any milk that would be in my price range. For now its just too expensive. Something like $30 - $40 dollars for a quart. Yikes!! (and that's the cheapest I have found!)

Here's a site with a little info on camel's milk:

http://camelmilkusa.com/

Here's a site selling camel's milk and camel's milk soap (the soap looks nice!:

http://desertfarms.com/

Here's an article about the growing camel industry in the US from USAToday:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/08/camel-milk-next-super-food/10208443/

Edited by Candybee

I'm coming out of "retirement" for this reply. I've joined another more active forum on soaping where the topic on the table right now is; using human breast milk for soaping. Something tells me that this milk-soap thing can get a bit out of hand. Personally, I'm sticking to good old goat or cow's milk.

• Like 2

Well I am not interested in using breast milk in my soaping! Using breast milk in soap has been a long debated topic on several forums over the years. I think its because it can be a deeply personal subject to some and others not so much.

I don't consider using camel's milk 'over the top'. Especially if it has benefits for the user. I am simply curious about it. If I had some I would definitely try it out.

Since it appears to be something new and different to us it may not be a big sell. However, it is beginning to receive more attention as the business of raising camels in the US grows and the perceived benefits of drinking the milk become more widespread. Using camel's milk in soap is not something new in the Middle East. I've heard of at least one woman who came to the US and started making camel's milk soap. As far as camel farms in the US they are definitely out there and growing. So is the sale of fresh camel's milk.

Camel's milk is pretty popular in California health food stores as well as some of our high end markets.  I've never tried it myself but it does sell or they wouldn't continue to carry it.

I believe it's Bristol Farm's market that also carries the soap but it could have been Mother's my fav health food store.  I'll have to check when I go on a trip South again. 

The places I've seen it are in So Cal where I lived previously.

Thought it would be popular in SoCal. I grew up there and there has been a 'healthy' lifestyle with Californian's since I was a young girl. They tend to follow the latest trends too so I am not surprised they would be selling the camel's milk and soap there.

I'm coming out of "retirement" for this reply. I've joined another more active forum on soaping where the topic on the table right now is; using human breast milk for soaping. Something tells me that this milk-soap thing can get a bit out of hand. Personally, I'm sticking to good old goat or cow's milk.

That topic comes around pretty often. I remember people discussing it when I first started soaping back in 2003. 

If you think about it though, GM and Cow's milk are just breast milk for kids and calves. :D

• Like 2

Breast milk makes me a bit squeamish too. I'm sure its just fine and makes great milk but I just can't get past that ick feeling. When I first heard of using camel's milk I also had a bit of a squeamish feeling. But now that I have been reading more about it I am just getting more curious. Just wish it was sold locally for a reasonable price. THEN I would try some in a batch.

• 4 weeks later...

I make camel milk soap as I mentioned in the other forum. It's smooth and silky and has more fats than goat milk

Drinking camel milk been linked to helping with lactose intolerance, crowns disease,autism and of course eczema and psoriasis

I love soaping with it and can't keep up with the demand

I make camel milk soap as I mentioned in the other forum. It's smooth and silky and has more fats than goat milk

Drinking camel milk been linked to helping with lactose intolerance, crowns disease,autism and of course eczema and psoriasis

I love soaping with it and can't keep up with the demand

Really? Where/what area do you sell if you don't mind my asking? I'm wondering as out here in the country I don't think people have heard of drinking or soap with camel's milk. I think if I lived in a more metropolitan area or more health conscience area then it might sell for me. But the price.... how much do you charge for a bar? The milk price has got to raise your soap price?