Fragrance Buddy Sugar Cookie

Trappeur

Just to clarify, the one that I'm talking about is from Tennessee Candle.... :)

Trappeur

Oh, yes ma'am. I have not tried any of their FO's. I have SO wanted to try them but I have been burned recently by smaller suppliers who either changed formulas or closed, leaving me without scents I had incorporated in my line. Since I sell to the same customers, everything must be the same batch to batch. I will have to try a small order from them. Thank you!

Karen I haven't tried their FOs yet either. Its like I have so many FO suppliers already I don't really want another. But the reviews have been good so I may try them out sometime.

I am quoting you but you could have been quoting me! I buy FO's from 11 suppliers and that is admittedly ridiculous for a line of only about 90 scents. All the good feedback here makes it very tempting!

• Like 1

Karen, do you do mostly bakery (I think I might have read that somewhere)?  I ask this as I was wondering about this because don't you do a lot of your own blends as I was looking for a good clove.

Thanks.

Trappeur

• 5 months later...

I recently tried some oils from FB and the sugar cookie royal smells like coffee to me, and asking others to smell it, they say the same thing. As far as their patchouli, its the closest to Moonworks as I could find so far. Then I poured Tennessee and FB "Pumpkin Pecan Waffles" and the one from FB was a stronger throw. I gave some to my daughter to burn and she came back with the same results as I did. Just thought I'd pass my findings on :-)

• Like 1

Maybe they had the bottle of sugar cookie royal marked wrong. It shouldn't have smelled like coffee at all. I use quite a few of their oils and really like them. I think someone else mentioned having something that was marked wrong in another thread on here. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you're interested but The Flaming Candle also has a Sugar Cookie Royale, MW dupe. I've smelled this one back to back with FB's SCR, and I think TFC version smells more like a straight buttery cookie though I love them both! It's like to my nose, the FB version has a hint of something extra. Maybe spice, maybe frosting... Can't quite put my finger on it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 7/23/2015 at 4:47 PM, Shar said:

I love sugar cookie Royale in wax melts! Smells delicious and a great throw! I like coconut cream pie from FB too.

Shar may I ask which wax you use for the wax melts ? Your right about the coconut cream pie - yummy ! Ive mixed that one with pineapple FO - really nice .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Shar may I ask which wax you use for the wax melts ? Your right about the coconut cream pie - yummy ! Ive mixed that one with pineapple FO - really nice .

For those , I think I used 1/3 each of NG pillar of bliss,  4630, 4625 and they lasted a long time. Glad you liked it!  What wax did you use?  I bet it smelled so good blended with pineapple!  

8 hours ago, Shar said:

For those , I think I used 1/3 each of NG pillar of bliss,  4630, 4625 and they lasted a long time. Glad you liked it!  What wax did you use?  I bet it smelled so good blended with pineapple!  

Ive never tried Pillar of Bliss. For wax melts I used if I remember correctly about 3/4 of 135 (pillar wax) approx : 3/4 4630 and the rest a combo of 464 + palm wax 

at that time I think I had a sample box of feather palm. Another summer type oil thats so good from WSP is Mango Sorbet - YUM ! Really good :) 

BTW Ive also tried the granular tart mix from Flaming, its pretty good. I just used it alone didn't mix any other waxes. Of course some FO's lasted longer

but I don't think it had anything to do with the wax. Some oils are just stronger than others .

• Like 1

On 7/24/2015 at 8:09 AM, Trappeur said:

Thankyou everyone for giving feedback. I ordered both oils and it is supposed to be here Monday. I can't wait......As soon as I get the oils they will go in wax and I'll put up my findings.

Trappeur

So which sugar cookie did you end up going with ? What other suppliers sugar cookie have you tried and either liked or didn't work out.

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

So which sugar cookie did you end up going with ? What other suppliers sugar cookie have you tried and either liked or didn't work out.

To be honest Moonstar, I really need to start over with this sugar cookie stuff and retest.  I have both and I will do some candles today since I 'm making some now and get back to you.  I remember 1 time I tried Peaks Sugar Cookie and was extremely impressed with it.  Out of all the sugar cookies I've tried this one always sticks in my mind.....Have you tried it from Peaks?

Trappeur

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

To be honest Moonstar, I really need to start over with this sugar cookie stuff and retest.  I have both and I will do some candles today since I 'm making some now and get back to you.  I remember 1 time I tried Peaks Sugar Cookie and was extremely impressed with it.  Out of all the sugar cookies I've tried this one always sticks in my mind.....Have you tried it from Peaks?

Trappeur

I have , I think I posted about it before. Its really good, but if you like it get 1 pound because they're OOS on that one a lot, especially near the holidays. 

For some odd reason on any of the cookie oils from ICS i get a buttered popcorn note once its in the wax. But that might just be my nose.

Edited by Moonstar

18 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I have , I think I posted about it before. Its really good, but if you like it get 1 pound because they're OOS on that one a lot, especially near the holidays. 

For some odd reason on any of the cookie oils from ICS i get a buttered popcorn note once its in the wax. But that might just be my nose.

Have you been eating a lot of popcorn lately? lol

Trappeur

Yep, great idea, if they have a teal dye I'll definitely get a pound of the sugar cookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Have you been eating a lot of popcorn lately? lol

Trappeur

Yep, great idea, if they have a teal dye I'll definitely get a pound of the sugar cookie.

Lol ! No I haven't been eating popcorn !!! 

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Ive never tried Pillar of Bliss. For wax melts I used if I remember correctly about 3/4 of 135 (pillar wax) approx : 3/4 4630 and the rest a combo of 464 + palm wax 

at that time I think I had a sample box of feather palm. Another summer type oil thats so good from WSP is Mango Sorbet - YUM ! Really good :) 

BTW Ive also tried the granular tart mix from Flaming, its pretty good. I just used it alone didn't mix any other waxes. Of course some FO's lasted longer

but I don't think it had anything to do with the wax. Some oils are just stronger than others .

I think a good strong quality oil is the key. I like to blend other high melt point waxes with 4630.I have tried Flaming's problend 450 and 600 parasoy too,  and liked those pretty good with the 4630. I like ky143 too! I still love to experiment with blends.. Last week I put 3 lbs ky143, 2 lbs 4630, and 1 lb.  Pillar of bliss in the presto pot and one of the scents I used was snc birthday cake sample I had from AH/RA and was amazed that it lasted for 3 days non stop in my warmer!  I got tired of smelling it and changed it out..

I Love Mango Sorbet from WSP too!  It's expensive, but a must have for me so I always stock up on this one when they have a good sale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shar said:

I think a good strong quality oil is the key. I like to blend other high melt point waxes with 4630.I have tried Flaming's problend 450 and 600 parasoy too,  and liked those pretty good with the 4630. I like ky143 too! I still love to experiment with blends.. Last week I put 3 lbs ky143, 2 lbs 4630, and 1 lb.  Pillar of bliss in the presto pot and one of the scents I used was snc birthday cake sample I had from AH/RA and was amazed that it lasted for 3 days non stop in my warmer!  I got tired of smelling it and changed it out..

I Love Mango Sorbet from WSP too!  It's expensive, but a must have for me so I always stock up on this one when they have a good sale. 

I agree, yeah the birthday cake from RE lasted me several days too, Ive used the KY version of the Birthday Cake.Ive never tried the the ky143. Im like you, I 

like to experiment with wax blends. I put RE Birthday Cake in Flaming 600 parasoy. Another oil that surprised me on how long it lasted was WSP Ice Tea Twist

and also their Frosted Cranberry. I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

I am probably the last person on earth to have not tried Sugar Cookie Royale, and so I bit the bullet, and placed an order with FB!  (thank you friends!)  I ordered: Silk, Buttercream Crunch Cake, Buttercream Frosting, Sugar Cookie FB signature, Sugar Cookie Royale, Vanilla Showers, Pomander Spice, Citrus Shower, Let them eat cake, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Pumpkin Sugar Doughnuts, Apple Cider, Baby Grace, Citrus Splash, Fairy Fresh, Citrus Linen, Coeur Shower, and Honey Clementine.

I was on a mission to try to find some of the philosophy scents, and want to use them in my lotion and soap (I was finding that the scent was not lasting with some of their lotions which was disappointing, especially with the cost of their products!).  I also want to also try some room freshener sprays, so wanted to try some citrus and fresh scents.  Of course they only had one philosophy scent, but had to justify the shipping.   Just had to share, I'm so excited to try these- I have never ordered from FB so this will be fun!!   I knew you would all understand :)  I know I don't post very often, but I do consider you all part of my fragrance hoarding tribe!!   Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!

• Like 1