Fragrance Buddy Sugar Cookie

Trappeur

I noticed there are 2 sugar cookies that Fragrance Buddy offers. They have one that is their signature scent that is their best seller and then the Sugar Cookie Royal that was a Moonworks dupe. Has anyone ever tried any of these and which one do you recommend?

Thanks.

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

I have never tried this supplier. How do their fragrances rate vs other more well known suppliers? I'm getting ready to order some scents and am willing to try something new.

Edited by MLG

I love quite a few of their scents, many of the people here worked very hard to get their original Moonworks FO to Fragrance Buddy to be duped. I am grateful to them, since these fragrances had a chance of being lost.

I've tried many of the ones  from the Moonworks Collection, I really like Lavender Sage, Gypsy Rose, Merlin's Forest, Patchouli Passion, Sun & Earth, and Dark Knight. I also think some of the Lush Dupes are good, I have had good results with, Karma, Sex Bomb, Sultana,

I am using them in soap, so they may translate differently in candles. Just like any other fragrance supplier there will be some that you may not care for. I like the free shipping after $75, and the Holiday sales too. I am very picky about fragrances, and would have never guessed that I would love so many of their fragrances. Being strong in cured soap is not always an easy thing to accomplish.

Edited: Typo

Edited by Sonoma Roses
  • Like 2

Thankyou everyone for giving feedback. I ordered both oils and it is supposed to be here Monday. I can't wait......As soon as I get the oils they will go in wax and I'll put up my findings.

Trappeur

• Like 4

What all did you order? I am hoping to order from them soon myself. I have never ordered from them yet but hear good reviews. The oils I am ordering will be for soaping so I am glad Sonoma Roses gave some CP reviews on them. I want to try soaping Gypsy Rose, Merlin's Forest, and Dark Knight. So as soon as I get a chance I will buy some samples of these. Will probably try some more samples but not sure yet what I want. But they will be from the soap safe collection for sure.

Candybee the Gypsy Rose moves fairly fast like many florals, so I just soap full water, and cool. The Merlin's Forest isn't slow, but since it has a high vanilla content you probably won't be doing anything fancy. Dark Knight was super easy to work with, and they changed the IFRA amount from 3% to 4% right after I made my batch. I had used 2.5% Dark Knight and .50% another FO for a blend. Considering the low % it smells really good, I may bump it up a bit though since the IFRA is higher now. If you like Elements Honey Patchouli you should get a sample of Patchouli Passion to compare. The Lavender Sage and the Sun & Earth are both great in soap, they are two of my most popular, but I think that can change by regions.

• Like 1

Thanks. I just posted about the Patchouli Passion and the Honey Patchouli in another thread. To me the Patchouli Passion just does not compare to the Honey Patchouli. They smell similar but thats where it ends. I use the Honey Patchouli as one of my permanent FOs for CP. I have been using it since she sold it at Flickers so I have been using it for years. To me its definitely the better of the two.

I have CP'd the Dark Knight and Gypsy Rose but they were the ones from MW and I absolutely adored them! I haven't tried FB's versions yet. Someone sent me a sample of FB's Gypsy Rose a while back and to my nose it is spot on. Just haven't soaped it yet so I need to buy some more.

They have so many soaping FOs I just can't make up my mind. What I really don't like about the site is there tends to be no descriptions for designer dupes. Its a shame as I don't know what some of the original scents smell like the description of "smells like the designer brand" just doesn't help me at all! Wish they would put in a full description for all of their scents! I want to try some of the Tokyo Milks and the American Cream but THEY DON'T PUT IN THE DESCRIPTION! ARGH!!!

Yes it is frustrating, I think they are trying to avoid trouble with the original designers, because there used to be more information. I will have to take my honey patchould and patchouli passion out to compare the two side by side.  I love the Patchouli Passion, and stopped ordering the Honey Patchouli, since it didn't make sense to have both.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Candybee,

I just made candles out of both the sugar cookies just 2 days ago....I'll definitely tell you in 12 days what my opinion is....They are very similiar to one another.

I hate this waiting sh......t! lBut, it's gotta be done that way...

I guess I better put the original Moonworks Merlin's Forest in some wax since so many love it.  I bought a pound of it and never did anything with it.  I don't know what the description was, but I smell pine in it.  Can someone put up her description so I know Please?

Trappeur

• Like 1

I use both... MW Sugar Cookie straight in Parasoy and Their Signature Sugar Cookie for blends also in Parasoy.. Both have awesome Cold and Hot throw

Could you describe the difference between them? For example Is one more buttery, or vanilly, or creamy, or doughy smelling? What makes each unique?

Its funny how people smell differently.  I just went and smelled both which are in candles now.  I'm going completely opposite what Doodlebug said.

Now the Plain Sugar Cookie (Fragrance Buddy's own sugar cookie) to me I smell more dough.  Now the dupe they made (Sugar Cookie Royale) really pops more and I think that is the right word she used (more spicey)?  Cause well, it's not really spicey but more robust in the entire scent.  They both are really nice.  Now I did something different than what I normally do.  I always use 6% oil.  This time I did 1.2% of oil per pound of wax because one time I got a sample of the Royale and made a candle and though I liked it, I wanted it stronger, so I added more....We shall see.  Also too I made the candles in crocks...1 is in a 1 1/2 pound crock with 2 wicks and the other is in a 2 1/2 pound crock which has 3 wicks.

Can't wait 12 more days!  ugh.....

I also made up 4 huge candles in crocks and crystal that are 5 and 6" wide in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Tennessee Candle......I can't stress enough over this awesome scent!  If I have enough money I'm buying a 5 pound jug of this oil it is that awesome and a killer killer throw I could smell it outside the house on my porch.  It's now my all time favorite.  I just went to order it and they are out of stock on all sizes.....wwaaahhh...

Trappeur

• Like 3

Hi Doodle (Laci),

No I haven't.  When I tried Tennesse Candles by a recommendation I was so floored how awesome this scent was.  I just can't imagine anyone else having something as great as this one.  I'm surprized that no others talk about it, to be quite honest.

Trappeur

No popcorn here Karen....

Ok, you can smell everything all in 1 whiff.....it's extremely rich and decadent, sweet and POWERFULL and very bakery., but definitely no popcorn here.  I tried Flaming Candles before this one a while back and got no throw from it.  I didn't go looking for this scent.  I happened on it by accident when I was surfing at Tennessee.  I asked Brent what his best sellers were and he told me I need to get this one so I did and omg....just totally heavenly.  You know how when you find something you like and you never look back....well this was one scent that I can say that it applies towards.

I just made up a dozen candles of these for my apple orchard account that I brought in Sunday evening.  When I checked Wed morning all were sold but 2... I would think this would be great for your melts you make.

Trappeur