Have fun and Learn Lots!!!!

Went to Aztec Convention yesterday w/husband. The room was pretty full of attendees from as far away as Oregon and Florida. I found and met Becky and Lumina from the boards here....HI girls!!! :bliss::hello: I was SO happy to met ya!! Amanda....where were you? :blush: I'm so sorry I did not get to meet you! Next time we need to better plan this out and where to meet! :) We got a really nice goody bag (I overheard some people saying that the last goody bag was nicer...really??! It must have been just awesome. :))  with brand new and soon to be available to the public scents of Ivory Woods, Pine Boughs & Apple ... (LOVE..JUST LOVE this one), Pumpkin Cappuccino Latte, Crimson Berry (I won a 2 lb bottle of this...YUMMM!!), Macaroon Almond, Bark & Spice, Bergamot & Myrrh, and Spiced Gingerbread. They all smell wonderful!  We also got samples of wood wicks, soy tart wax, large tart clamshells (these are adorable...when your customers pop the tarts out they will have a Christmas tree design on them), Aztec drink cup (really nice), Aztec mouse pad, Aztec note pads, assorted pens and other goodies from Aztec, R&L Carriers and Fed Ex, Key chain and a free coupon for a slab of wax of your choice. We also got free drink coupons. It was really nice. There was a lot of the Power Point kind of presentation yesterday. I did learn a few things. A man got up and talked about his company and soap making.  The scent folks did a a really neat presentation where we got 3 different blotters...one at a time...some of them by themselves really stunk, but when you put them all together in one hand and then waved them in front of your nose, it created a scent. So that we neat to see how a scent is blended and created by a company. It was really nice. There were also booths set up by the wick it people (we got free bags full of all types of the Pure 500 wicks that can be used in any type of candle). Also Penreco (gel wax) (I also won a gel wax candle from them...yea!) was there and Eco Soy wax folks were there...so we got all kinds of goodies from their tables.   People suggested at the end they would like more info on how to present their products...wrapping etc, pricing...things like that. Hopefully they will do that. People also suggested to the Aztec folks to figure out a way to somehow identify people better so that those who wanted to network with other folks would be able to know exactly know who they could network with instead of having to ask everyone what type of craft they are involved with. I thought that that was an excellent idea. (This would be neat to put on the name tags I think....like candle maker, soap maker, bath and body, etc). I know they were doing soap making and something else today, but we did not go. All in all it was good...I don't know if I can get my husband drug there again...hee hee...but he was a champ yesterday, :)  Maybe for the next convention...would anyone be interested in renting a cabin for maybe 4 days here in the smokies and maybe rent a couple of big vans for all of us to ride in to the convention and bring our goodies back with? Just an idea.  I think it would be so FUN!!...THURS ( A FREE DAY to go to Dollywood, Gatlinburg, shopping etc and then FRI EVENING (Shop at Aztec, preregister),  SAT (Convention) AND SUN (AM Convention/Aztec to finish shopping in afternoon). Pics from the convention:

Aztec 2015 Candle and Soap Making Convention

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

One more thing ...another new fragrance that is SKIN safe that we got in sample size! Grapefruit & Mangosteen....smells just like Candle Science! I was re-sniffing them all and came across this other new one that we got. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Oh man!!!!!! I really wish I could've gone with you all. It sounds like you had a great time and I would love to meet you face to face. It sounds like you had a great time and received some awesome gifts. I can't wait to hear about the fragrance throws!!!!!

Sigh. I was all ready to go and then had a last minute wrench thrown in my plans. Boo. But I hope everyone had fun and learned great things!

Well.... we sure did miss you and everyone else that was not able to come this time. Hopefully you and everyone else can come next time. :) I am going to call Teri today and ask if they are having one next year or in two years. :)

Edited by puma52

I had a blast! It was a good conference lots of good people there.

It was fun wasn't it? I have a question for you Becky.....did they give away cases of wax at the last convention? Yes folks , they gave away SEVERAL full CASES of wax both paraffin and soy....don't you bet that we had a death grip on our tickets and read and reread the numbers.  :laugh2:  The giveaways were so nice! :)

Wow, great post Puma!!!

I couldn't go at the last minute....boooo hoooo....I'm so sorry as I was soo looking forward to it.  I just couldn't see taking a chance driving my truck that I had to stop often to fill her up with brake fluid as I needed that part and just a couple days ago needed to replace a tire.....just too costly for me....just bad timing....but definitely will be at the next one without a doubt.  Wow all the free goodies!  What did you learn there that you could enlighten us on?  Those pictures are wonderful...looked so huge that convention!  Did you guys get to meet for dinner one night?  I'm so jealeous but glad for the ones that did go.

Puma, super idea of renting a cabin for the next time!!!!  Every five years my family gets together for a reunion and we meet at different places and one year I rented a beautiful cabin in Gatlinburg and man did we have a great time.  I drove my van, picked up the ones who flew into Knoxville and then carted everyone around.  Was totally awesome!

Trappeur :) 

Edited by Trappeur

Wow, great post Puma!!!

I couldn't go at the last minute....boooo hoooo....I'm so sorry as I was soo looking forward to it.  I just couldn't see taking a chance driving my truck that I had to stop often to fill her up with brake fluid as I needed that part and just a couple days ago needed to replace a tire.....just too costly for me....just bad timing....but definitely will be at the next one without a doubt.  Wow all the free goodies!  What did you learn there that you could enlighten us on?  Those pictures are wonderful...looked so huge that convention!  Did you guys get to meet for dinner one night?  I'm so jealeous but glad for the ones that did go.

Puma, super idea of renting a cabin for the next time!!!!  Every five years my family gets together for a reunion and we meet at different places and one year I rented a beautiful cabin in Gatlinburg and man did we have a great time.  I drove my van, picked up the ones who flew into Knoxville and then carted everyone around.  Was totally awesome!

Trappeur :) 

We missed you too Trappeur, but totally understand. I called Aztec today and they said it would be 2 years until the next one. So if anyone wants to do something like rent a cabin or whatever I am so totally game. :)  When we can even get a whiff of when the next convention will be, maybe we can start planning then. Us girls did eat lunch together which was fun. My hubby was ready to go home after the convention...so no drinks and chit chat for me...but I'm not complaining because I had no idea how to get there and wanted to go...but I know how to get there on my own now. :) So next time we girls can all go and just sit around and talk and talk and talk. :) Trappeur, to tell you the truth. the Power Point presentation was a VERY major part of it and it was info on their products and they did a lot of talking... there wasn't much time for questions because of time contraints...everyone went over their time limit. But it was fun hearing the "big guys" talk about wax and scent. I think I enjoyed more the fact that I was among "my people", in my element of everything that I enjoy and loved seeing people talking and having fun. Aztec had some wonderful sales too on their product. I will do it again. :)

• Like 1

Yes the did do the wax giveaways last time. But I think they gave more away this time. The FO companies also gave away oils like they did this time too. 

Becky,  I was really surprised and so tickled to see so many wonderful giveaways! I was impressed! :)