Question regarding Scent*y

pixie

I have not had a chance to try out Scent*y yet so I was wondering.  Do their tarts pop out of the warmer once the wax has cooled off, or are their tarts the kind where you have to dump the wax out while its still melted?

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with justajesuschick...their consistency is awesome.  My paraffin melts sometimes come out of my warmer the way theirs does (I take a toothpick and pick at a corner and just peel it out of the dish) but not always.  I wonder if FO has something to do with it.  I feel an experiment coming on!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...I just left them to start my own business. They really have set the bar high. In my opinion they are the best at what they do. I just don't like the idea of charging $5 a bar and making 25% when I could make my own, charge less and make more profit. Of course I'm a newbie and a ways from creating my perfect blend. LOL Their wax does pop right out when cooled and it does have a slight rubbery feel. I've used most of the direct sales wax melts and theirs wins hands down for wickless. 

I am not one to speak poorly of any wax company-big or small (unless of course their business practices are shady!), I do not think that their quality is what it was. I was a HUGE fan of their wax.

It is good that you are familiar with their wax yourself. I was pretty disappointed when I learned that they bought the idea from a person like you and me. I always thought that they started the company from scratch. It will be a good idea to research and know things for yourself.

You will be able to make a wax with stronger scent and better longevity than theirs. After insurance, marketing, website costs and other, well, the profit is not what you might expect.

There are days I think it would be nice not to be product development, procurement, manufacturing, operations AND distribution! 

I had no idea they bought the idea.  I may not make a huge profit but it's better to me to charge less. I have always loved their wax over other direct sales companies. I guess being new I'm still in the new excitement phase. LOL I'm looking forward to making something I can be proud of though. Lord willing I'll get this down and do okay with it. :)