Best Pumpkin Spice FO?

jfear

Hello everyone!

I'm getting in the Halloween spirit (early as always) and I was wondering if anyone knows

who carries the best pumpkiny-spice FO?

I use SaveonScents for my novelties but their bakery FOs are underwhelming and chemical-ish.

I love Peak, are any of their pumpkins great?

Any Halloween FOs that you think are stellar I would love to know!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know which is "best" but I've used NG's Pumpkin Pie Spice and it's a best seller in my 16 oz candles but can't give away pillars made of the same scent. 

I've smelled Peaks Pumpkin Spice, but, IDK oob it seems to be missing something. Can't put my finger on it. Those are the only 2 I've ever tried. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help. 

I'm sure others will chime in with some of their favorites. 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Pumpkin Pie scents are hard to pin down - there are quite a few threads on this every fall! Some seem to be all cinnamon, some not enough spice, etc. But there are loads of suggestions in previous threads. Hope that helps!

I use KY's pumpkin pie spice and love it, but the only other one I tried was JS and I couldn't get it to throw for me. I may have gotten a bad bottle though because I've read good things about hers. I still have the bottle so I may have to try it again and see if I did something wrong, which could be the case for sure.

As far as Halloween FO's, I guess candy corn would be good but I can't find one that smells good, To me they all have a plastic or some kind of smell that isn't good. 

I do like headless horseman from ICS though.

• Like 1

I use KY's pumpkin pie spice and love it, but the only other one I tried was JS and I couldn't get it to throw for me. I may have gotten a bad bottle though because I've read good things about hers. I still have the bottle so I may have to try it again and see if I did something wrong, which could be the case for sure.

As far as Halloween FO's, I guess candy corn would be good but I can't find one that smells good, To me they all have a plastic or some kind of smell that isn't good. 

I do like headless horseman from ICS though.

Thanks! Is "KY" the new Rustic Escentuals?

• Like 1

Pumpkin Pie scents are hard to pin down - there are quite a few threads on this every fall! Some seem to be all cinnamon, some not enough spice, etc. But there are loads of suggestions in previous threads. Hope that helps!

I ditto this.....this is probably one of the most talked about fragrances.  I have found some great ones but my ultimate one is still on the look out.  I like spice and I like sweetness, geesh I like them all...I think I shall start testing soon even though fall is not here......but it will be soon.

Candybee, do you do a 50/50?  I have that and think I'll do some today.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I ditto this.....this is probably one of the most talked about fragrances.  I have found some great ones but my ultimate one is still on the look out.  I like spice and I like sweetness, geesh I like them all...I think I shall start testing soon even though fall is not here......but it will be soon.

Candybee, do you do a 50/50?  I have that and think I'll do some today.

Trappeur

Yes! I mix CS Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Soufle 50/50%.

Does anyone remember a discussion thread from last year where we talked about blending pumpkin scents to get the best pumpkin pie?

I recall I finally found the best pumpkin combo ever. But now I don't quite remember. I think I mixed a blend of the 2 CS pumpkin FOs (mentioned above) with one from AH/RE. If I can find that thread I'll post a link. But I remember there were some awesome pumpkin blends in it!!!

Shoot. It wouldn't let me copy and paste it here. But if you look on post #90 that is the 'best pumpkin' combo I discovered.

30% CS Pumpkin Pie

30% CS Pumpkin Soufle

40% AH Pumpkin Pie

When you read through that discussion thread keep a notebook and pencil handy to copy down some of the awesome combo blends! That discussion should be in the pumpkin hall of fame! LOL

• Like 3

Trappeur I still have about 2 candles I made leftover from last fall. They still smell wonderful and better than any pumpkin FO I have used!

I just hate having to buy all 3 FOs just to make one. But its so worth it because it smells so good!

• Like 1

Shoot. It wouldn't let me copy and paste it here. But if you look on post #90 that is the 'best pumpkin' combo I discovered.

30% CS Pumpkin Pie

30% CS Pumpkin Soufle

40% AH Pumpkin Pie

When you read through that discussion thread keep a notebook and pencil handy to copy down some of the awesome combo blends! That discussion should be in the pumpkin hall of fame! LOL

Is the AH Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Pie Spice? #90 post says Pumpkin Pie Spice

GoldieMN

You can check over at AH/RE for the actual name. I am just posting from memory so not sure. When I get time I will check later. Right now I gotta go out of town.

I'll wait till you find the info. They sell both scents.

GoldieMN

30% CS Pumpkin Pie

30% CS Pumpkin Soufle

40% AH Pumpkin Pie

Wow! Thank you for this information! I will definitely try CandleSciences Pumpkins; incidentally, who does "AH" stand for?