Clueless with pariffan!!

Jocyr07

Currently I make 100% soy wax clamshells and tarts..I'm wanting to add 100% paraffin tarts/clamshells to my product line. In my research I've found like 12 different paraffin waxes that can be used. Which is best?? PleSe HELP..I'm clueless

Hello and welcome!

You're going to find many different opinions on which paraffin to use. I've used 4794 alone for both tarts and clamshells. I think this is what you see in some of the ones from Walmart or at least it looks the same to me.

Right now I'm using a blend of 4625 and 4630 at 50/50 for clams and portion cups, and if I'm doing molded tarts, I like 4625 alone or maybe with about 30% 4630. I just like my molded tarts to be real firm. 

HTH

• Like 1

I'd like to stick with using just one wax, but if I choose to blend..what directions would I use..I know all waxes have different directions on when to add FO and when to pour and such....if I use a 50/50 blend how would I work the instructions??

Guest OldGlory

I don't work much with paraffins, so I would ask you to check out the specifications for yourself -

I think it's 4625 that holds the most fragrance oil. Many hard paraffins hold 3 or 4%, and I think 4625 holds 2 or 3 times that. Find the hard wax/pillar wax that will hold the most and use that.

All hard waxes take longer to melt. The type of melter makes a difference (see the thread titled Warmers and melts a comprehensive overview for more on hands experiences).