New custom soap molds

Candybee

I had these 2 molds custom made. Just picked them up yesterday at my Wednesday market. One of the venders there is a wood crafter so I commissioned him to make these molds.

I wanted the Nurture mold liners to fit inside. He did a perfect job, plus the lids fit nicely over the mold so they don't slide.

They are made out of pine and are just gorgeous! I will be breaking them in today cause I have to make a couple of batches of dog soap.

If anyone is interested PM me and I can give you his email address. He is a local craftsman and doesn't have a website. He is easy to work with and does lovely work! I think I may order some more. These are 7lb molds (with the Nurture liner in them). Not sure how many lbs without the liner. He can make them with or without the holes in the bottom. I wanted the holes so I could easily push out the liner.

Forgot to add for this size he is asking for only $35.

post-2172-0-11793400-1435859821_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-27464600-1435859841_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-68027000-1435859857_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-62913900-1435859869_thumb.jp

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 3

I'm getting there! I needed more molds for soap production. I have quite a few but all different sizes. I needed to pick a size and have several of that size so my soaps would match. Now I have 4 in the same size so it will help a lot! When I need to make more soap then I will order some more.

Karin-- I never found any specific recipe. I researched and researched the ingredients for two yrs before I even attempted my first dog soap. But eventually all my work paid off because my customers have been raving about the soap and telling me how much they like it!

But I can say this. What got me started was reading somewhere that if you can make a soap that is safe and mild enough for a baby to use a dog can use it too. That's a very simplistic statement but it should give you a general idea and a starting point.

Candybee is not exaggerating, - her dog soap is AWESOME! 

I got a couple of bars from her for my Mitsy, and they are FANFREAKINGTASTIC. I love them, and when they are gone, I am going to have to buy some more, because I don't think I could make on as good on my own. 

• Like 1

Thanks! You are too kind!

I am actually getting repeat dog soap customers! So now I am waiting for feedback on the paw pad formula which I debuted at my local market 2 weeks ago.

Now I am getting requests for cat soap and cat paw pad balm! I am working on those now...

Thanks! You are too kind!

Only stating the truth. She gets cleaner (aka whiter) using your soap, than she does using a commercial high end brand specifically known for making white dogs' coats whiter. 

I would recommend them to anyone who routinely bathes their dogs themselves. (and if you are a groomer, I would highly suggest looking into them, I'm that impressed with these soaps) 

You know I have had a couple people tell me how 'white' their white dogs fur is after using the soap. I had no idea when I was making this soap that there was such a thing as a whitener for dogs. So that was serendipity I think! But I am thrilled that people say their dog's coats and skin are softer, fluffier, itch free, and stay cleaner longer. That really makes me feel good to hear that. I won't change a thing as long as its working!