I challenged myself - scented Fruit Slices

Well, this is not what I wanted, but I got a decent mantra. 

I wanted it to be all swirly like everyone is doing these days. Thought I could do it without reading or seeing the instructions. Umm, nope. LOL 

I'm not displeased, I like it, and it smells good too. Now we'll see if I can cut it without screwing it up. I only have a multi-bar cutter but want to cut these about 2.5 inch width, across the top then in inch along the side. (Hope I'm explaining that right) so you can see the mantra in every bar, and not just on top. 

Anyway, here it is. 

post-200-0-03945100-1435514285_thumb.jpg

Looks good to me. .

I love experimenting..

What type of molds and wire holders

Do you have?

These are Essential Depot molds w/basket and I used dividers by Great Soap Shop, that are especially made for these molds. 

I tried to make this type of soap, but I did it wrong, so will try again some other time. This is the first "successful" mantra swirl I've ever done, so I'm hoping the inside isn't screwed up. 

post-200-0-08646100-1435529009_thumb.jpg

Guest OldGlory

Love it! I was going to ask what a mantra is (in the soaping world) but you explained it in your last post. Really beautiful!!!

I just want to make something clear - That last post with the green and pink swirl is not my soap. That's what I wanted my soap to look like, but I didn't read any instructions until after I made mine. The only "mistake" I made that I can tell after reading the instructions is not using a big enough chop-stick. 

I use many, but on this particular soap, for the green I used Emerald Green mica from BeScented, For the purple, I used a combination of Grape Nehi, Tempest (both from Mad Oils) and Purple Vibrance from Nurture's. 

I find with my purple's I get a truer purple color when I mix, and that way it doesn't go grey - and I don't have to use as much when I mix, so bonus. 

• Like 2

Those came out awesome even if you didn't get the swirl you wanted! That is similar to what I got when I was trying to do the Taiwan swirl.  Wish I could smell it!

Candy, have you ever used/smelled Fruit Slices from Peak? That's what this is. It's one of my favorite fruity scents from them. I always have some on hand. 

I have gotten this exact same look of the cut bars in a few of my other bars that are just a hanger swirl. I do like it, so it's all good. 

But I know what I did wrong, after actually reading the technique to do it, so will try that next time and see if it comes out better. :) 

Good luck! You seem to be pretty good at learning swirling techniques. Can't wait to see your next attempt.

I never got the Taiwan swirl worked out. You really, really, really, need a slow mover to do that one.

Don't think I ever tried Peaks fruit slices. What does it smell like? I love a good citrus or tropical fruit blend. I have a couple lines of soap and tropical and citrus are soap scents I do.... and am always on the lookout for another one to test out!

Okay I just went on Peaks site and read the scent description and comments on it. It sounds really awesome! Will try a test sample next time I shop at Peaks. Thanks!

Just one thing... does it A & D at all? If not, would it make a nice shampoo soap scent? The comments say it smells clean and fruity that made me think of shampoo soap.

I'm not sure about the "clean" part, but it is very sweet and fruity (more fruity than sweet) It is richer and deeper than NG's Fresh Fruit Slices, and that's really the only thing I can compare it to. Sorry - I am horrible with descriptions. I think it would make a good shampoo, and an even better lotion. 

It does not accelerate at all, but it does discolor very slightly. When first in the pot, it turns a med-bright yellow, then mellows out. I would say after cure it discolors to a slightly darker color than off-white. Not quite tan, but not white either. 

I used TD in the white part of this and a vs, and it's keeping it's color so far. I'll know for sure in about a month or so... 

• Like 1

Would you be willing to do a soap exchange? I'll send you one of mine if you will send me one of the fruit slices?

Yes, but you've already sent me some of yours, so I will send you this and a couple others, done with slightly different recipes. I probably won't have time to send them out until after the 20th though, as I have my friend from TN coming into town this Thursday thru Monday, and we have a jam packed schedule. I'll write myself a note, and send them out sometime after that. How's that sound? 

• Like 1