Indecision

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

I have come to the conclusion that dealing with wholesale clients can be a bit like dealing with a 4 year old. They want it all right now, even maybe yesterday, but can't you drop everything else and please do this. And then, 9 months and lots of money later, you still don't have a decision on those things they had to have right away. Things come up.

Oh, they will come around if you force their hands, but often that is the only way to get things done. Maybe acting like a 4 year old in return is the only way!

Hopefully once that first order is filled and they need more, things will run smoother.

I've given up doing special orders for my decorative art because it was "Could you add more flowers?" or "It isn't the exact color green I wanted". And I usually spent a lot more time on those items.

Hang in there. When your getting orders from all over, you will look back on this as a bump in the road. :)

GoldieMN

Guest OldGlory

This is a company I have been making candles for for 10 years. When I started they had 6 stores, now they have 9. They have changed buyers half a dozen times in that 10 years, so you literally have to start from square one with each buyer. For example, they wanted new spring/summer scents and fell in love with Strawberry Jam from BCN. They had no way of knowing that was the fragrance that started our business relationship years ago. LMBO

I am going to have to rethink my approach, maybe set time limits on offers to make more product. Maybe I'm just too impatient.

I feel for you Old Glory, I really do.  I'm going through that right now.  Seems with the big companies you have to be I guess patient, lol....But once you get your foot in the door and your product sells, your on your way.  It's like they know they have the upper hand and know that if you want their business, you'll be there and then they want it yesterday.  Makes you spit.  I was thinking, what if you sent them an email and told them that you have another account that is placing an order that will give keep you tied up for quite some time, so if they want their order filled and since they were first in line that they need to get their order in now????Would that work?  Just thinking...I don't know.

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

I think in the chaos and rush to open their 9th store, my client just forgot about me. When they finally let me know which products they liked and wanted to order, it was a lot more than I was hoping for. In this instance, a bit of a nudge was all it took.