Memorial Day weekend fun -

Jcandleattic

What did y'all do that was crafty this weekend? 

We really didn't do much. Friday I relaxed and cleaned up my soaping area. Found a case of wax I didn't know I had (YAY) and decided to wait until today to cut it up

Saturday, my husband and I went up to Estes Park (a little mountain town) home of the Stanley Hotel made famous by the moving The Shining with Jack Nicholson. They are also famous for Salt Water Taffy. They used to have shops that made it by hand pulling it, but everything is machine pulled now. Got some pics of that. 

However, with the weather we have been having, and it being a mountain town, we were only there for about an hour and a half when it started pouring rain, and then got so cold that the rain turned into snow. *sigh* so we came home. 

Today, I cut up the case of J50 I found into 1lb increments, and made 2 16oz candles to take to my hairdresser on Friday when I go in to get my hair done. One is scented "Mardi Gras Parade" - a custom blend of mine, and "Black Cherry Fizz" that I am renaming "Cherry Cola Fizz" because it smell just exactly like a cherry coke. 

Too bad I didn't have my appointment on Friday afternoon, because Jeffery Donovan came into the salon!! (he was the main character on the show Burn Notice and is very very good looking) I have no idea why he was there, but my hairdresser sent me texts and pictures of the 2 of them. :) 

So far it's been a good weekend. Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to go up gambling and try to win some money (or just have fun, which is usually what happens, I rarely ever win, but I have fun - I play the animated penny slots) 

What have y'all been up too? I know it's a holiday weekend, but the board has been pretty quiet lately. 

post-200-0-02755400-1432520139_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-51444500-1432520177_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-87986600-1432520251_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-99272200-1432520285_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-09517200-1432520336_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-87411900-1432520383_thumb.jpg

post-200-0-17993400-1432520429_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Morning Jcandleattic!

Those are nice pictures that you took! We had went up to Ohio the last of last week to see our parents and sister. It was a nice trip! Today I will be starting an order for a new wholesale account that I got recently. Will be cleaning up my candle making area also...need to clean up some pots and tidy up. It is great to have a 4 day work week this week....but tomorrow will be awful busy...we play...we pay. Oh well, I am enjoying today first! :) We've got our flags up ....Happy Memorial Day! :)

Guest OldGlory

This is what I've been working on for 2 weeks. Finally delivered it this morning - and I can see my sofa again  :)

Will I ever get this right??

Picture in next message.

Edited by OldGlory