Sometimes I'm speechless

ubure

Hi there,

it is my habit (and probably yours as well) to put in some samples of fragrance oils in my customers parcels. Normally people are happy to find those little gifts in their parcels. Not so one of them: she sent me an email telling me that she didn't like the smell of the oil I sent her (it was a small order so I put in one fragrance oil as a sample). I told her that it was just a small gesture of my appreciation for her order and that maybe she should try it in some wax first before judging it out of bottle. She insisted that she didn't like it etc. and I was really astonished to see somebody reacting that way to a present. Are people that way nowadays? Of course, not. Most of my customers are a pleasure to work with, but some of them....

Wish you a lovely weekend and many, many sales!

Edited by ubure

I don't see it as being a bad customer.  Nature's Garden sends out a scented flower with orders and people must have complained because they give the option not to now  I have to admit, some of them have not been good and I would almost rather not have it in my order. Just because something is free or a gift doesn't mean they HAVE to like it.  It doesn't mean they can be rude about it either but her letting you know she didn't like it is just that. letting you know.  There are certain scents that I get headaches when I pour so maybe it was something like that for her.  Clean scents and some flowery scents instantly make my eyes burn.

I think it's great that you offer samples like that, some people just want what they order and that's it. Not a bad thing, just different than what you'd expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, maybe she had a bad day. I was just quite astonished to see somebody complain about a gift that way. It is just rude. If she doesn't like it, hey, that's okay. She could just throw it away or give it to someone else, but taking the time to write what an awful scent that is is ridiculous. Well, she won't get a sample anymore, I guess. The point is she didn't just 'let me know' she didn#t like it, she really complained about it. and that is not right. And really a lot different that what I had expected. Maybe that#s the problem.

But, probably it isn't worth the time writing here about this. Should really just see it like Vernie said and think she had a bad day.

Some folks seem happy to be unhappy about everything and don't mine spreading their version of joy. You can't please everyone, but I'm sure you have pleased plenty with your kind gesture of fragrance sample. The majority who have liked a sample scent may have later purchased something they otherwise would not just based on that sample :)

On the other hand, that customer just got a huge gift.... She now knows a fragrance not to actually spend money toward to see if she likes it :D