flabbergasted!

SO.... I had to have a rant!  I've been frantically testing 464 and decided to spend the extra money and order in CD's from the US, as I can't get them where I am.

They finally arrived today and I was excited to get the buzz at the door, and this is what the 2000 wicks looked like when I opened the box..............

Is it just me, or is this completely our of order?  

They were literally just thrown into the bag like they were off cuts.  The box itself turned up in impeccable condition.  It had absolutely nothing to do with the courier!

To even bother posting them in the first place is beyond me.  Surely any self respecting individual would look at that and go 'nope that doesn't meet our standards'..... even if your standards were really low, it still wouldn't meet it, surely!

I was flabbergasted, and so so so disappointed, especially after paying an extra 30% to get them delivered from OS!!

Has anyone ever in their life had wicks delivered to them in this state before, or have i just been spoiled in the past?

post-14685-0-26823400-1432031145_thumb.j

I have had wicks arrive like that and from a very big reputable supplier.

I actually just went and checked out the reviews on their site and it looks like other people have complained about it too........... and it looks like they've done nothing at all to fix it, which kind of tells you they don't really care too much for their clients.

Yep I buy 1000's at a time and they come like that.

If I buy in bulk..

Yes I have got them like that...

It's was 200 of 10 different sizes, so it was not really bulk

I'm not sure why buying in bulk would make it acceptable to ship wicks that are of no use anyway,  would you use these wicks in the state they are in?

Oh yeah. The best ones are those that have been neatly bundled and kept together with a rubber band or a tie. Its so much easier to just pull a wick out of a bundle, as well as, you can see how many wicks are left and when to re-order. Just straighten em out and bundle em up, takes about 5 minutes and make sure your bag is labeled with the correct size. Now you know who not to order from again.

• Like 3

as I said in the above post I have received them like that when I have bought in bulk because they weigh them they don't count them ..

so when I got them I counted them and bundled them in bundles of 100 then put them in Ziploc bags labeled what size they are..

makes it so much easier just to pull one out..

and like they say it does not hurt them ..

they do look bad but they're not hurt..

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

Yes I have received wicks that looked just like that from a commonly used supplier. I was pretty shocked at first but just bit the bullet and worked thru them. Never ordered those wicks from them again.

Yep. I've had several orders come that way. Wicks all bent and going every which way. I prefer to order from suppliers that bundle and bag them neatly. But yeah there is nothing wrong with the wicks. But I agree its sloppy and shows the supplier doesn't care enough to ship them neatly.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for their posts.  I would never had thought they would be usable in that state.  Its interesting so many people have come to expect this.

I've ordered direct from the manufacturers and I have ordered similar test bundles from 3 different local suppliers,  and they don't come like that, so I don't really expect that they come like that from anywhere else.  It's sloppy, whether people accept it or not.  Wont be bothering with that supplier anymore.

• Like 1

GoldieMN.  I'm not in the US so I can't really comment, but I can tell you nowhere in Australia do you receive wicks in this state.  The consumer simply wouldn't put up with it.  Just as you wouldn't accept buying a new car with scratches and being told to take it to the cleaners and buff them out.

When i buy bulk wick assemblies it comes bulk packed like that. They move around inside the carton a lot during shipment.

Videos of the machine making them are fascinating. The machine feeds spooled wick through wick tabs, crimps the wick tab neck, cuts the wick and gravity gets the finished assembly into a box. Weighing wicks makes so much sense. If we had to pay the manufacturers to have them hand straightened or hand counted the cost would soon be unaffordable.

• Like 2

TallTayl. Fascinating or not, I paid more, for the same product, through 'said' distributor than I did through another US source.  The 'other' source packed all 2000 nicely into bags of 200 and labelled them with correct sizing.

Yup. weighing wicks probably makes loads of sense, and I wouldn't want to sit there and count each wick as it comes out of the machine either, but 99 out of 100 other people deliver a product that people are happy with and at the end of the day unless you are a manufacturer, which BTW can deliver wicks the same as the 99 other distributors (in a neat and tidy fashion), then you are in the business of customer service, and customers are saying this is not good enough.

Gravity doesn't determine quality of customer service.

Guest OldGlory

If you are certain that the bag of 100 comes neatly packaged, why not simply order them 100 at a time. You may pay $1 more per 100 but it would save the aggravation. I did that when the larger volume bags I was buying were a mess.

What I may not have made clear is that I ordered;

2 x 100 CD 5

2 x 100 CD 7

2 x 100 CD 8

2 x 100 CD 10

2 x 100 CD 12

2 x 100 CD 14

2 x 100 CD 16

2 x 100 CD 18

2 x 100 CD 20

2 x 100 CD 22

(2000 wicks)

So i did actually order bags of 100.  Just 2 at a time.  I got two bags (like the picture shown) of each size

Edited by crvella

I work for Bitter Creek. Ours are always neatly packaged. I usually order by the 100 these days but even our master cases of 10K from the Mfgr look good. I am not sure what supplier does that but it just looks careless. I'm sort of OCD so getting that would make me crazy!

Guest OldGlory

What I may not have made clear is that I ordered;

2 x 100 CD 5

2 x 100 CD 7

2 x 100 CD 8

2 x 100 CD 10

2 x 100 CD 12

2 x 100 CD 14

2 x 100 CD 16

2 x 100 CD 18

2 x 100 CD 20

2 x 100 CD 22

(2000 wicks)

So i did actually order bags of 100.  Just 2 at a time.  I got two bags (like the picture shown) of each size

Gotcha. I misread it somewhere along the line.

No excuse for the mess then.