Fragrance Oil Suppliers

NJ1228G

Hello Everyone,

I am new to making candle tarts and soap. I have been in the testing stages for months learning what works and what doesn't. I've had my fair share of fails, but that's how you learn, right?

In my research, I found this forum and read many reviews about fragrance oil suppliers. I've tried a couple and was not displeased, however, I'm looking for some recommendations on which suppliers to try. Any insight on suppliers with great fragrance oils would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the help and providing some insight to a newbie!

-NJ

You didn't mention what wax you are using for tarts?   My only suggestion is if you are using soy to look and see if the fo is rated in soy wax.  I find that the suppliers

with the soy ratings are extremely helpful. 

Guest OldGlory

Just a suggestion - I think you would be better served by telling us which wax you are using, and asking for recommendations on specific fragrances. For example, if you want a birthday cake type fragrance and you are using a 4630 wax, maybe someone has a specific recommendation for you. You can spend a small fortune in shipping charges (as so many of us have) trying birthday cake fragrances from 5 different suppliers. (I just went thru this with Chai Tea in 464 soy wax so it's very fresh on my mind).

Fillmore Containers

Rustic Escentuals

Cajun Candles

Wholesale Supplies Plus

The Chemistry Store

Camden-Grey

Oregon Trails

Thank you all for the list of suppliers!

I am using a paraffin wax blend. 60% IGI-4630 and 40% IGI-4625.

Since it's almost Summer I am focusing on tropical/summer scents. As well, I am a sucker for unique scents/blends.

Again, I appreciate all the help! It is wonderful to have a resource to pick the brains of experienced candle makers.

CandleScience

Lone Star

Just Scent (this one has good prices and a wide selection of fragrances)

Wellington Fragrance

Check the ones that have their warehouse close to your state as well, the shipping cost will be lower.

My favorites are Fragrance Buddy, Aroma Haven/Rustic Escentuals, and Lonestar. I also like Just Scent and Nature's Garden for speed and customer service, but recommend sampling. I have far more misses than hits with them. Peak and Backwoods have some good scents, as well.

Daystar was always tops but I can't recommend them anymore. Every time I go to reorder, my favorites are gone and they never respond to emails regarding inquiries or suggestions. I see these as signs to start moving on to more reliable, stable suppliers, though I miss some fragrances dearly. :(

• Like 1

my faves for tarts are from :

aroma haven/rustic escentuals

bitter creek

just scent

natures garden candles

southwest candle supply

tenn candle supply

the candlemaker's store

for cp soaps:

aroma haven/rustic escentuals

mms (magestic mountain sage)

southern garden soaps, onld tony's (i know they have a new buyer but can't think of the name)

sweetcakes