why isn't my wax releasing

wgregww

Im using 75% 6006 25% 4625, In the past I have used 100% 6006 and had better luck but now all of a sudden even 100% 6006 wont release, it's almost like the wax is different. Anyone else experience

this?

I haven't experience 6006 not releasing but I have received batches of wax that were different in color. Some would be white or cream, this was a concern for me because I couldn't understand why it looked different. To me if it look different it may have different ingredients.

You may want to contact the supplier to let them know of this.

I've ordered 6006 from a couple of suppliers and it seems that when I order from  Aztec, it appears darker for some reason. The 6006 I've ordered from everywhere else is white or creamy but their's is always a dark cream.

I don't use it as a blend for clams any more but could it be you're pouring too hot? I know if I pour too hot it's harder for it to release from the clamshell. I'm assuming that's what you're pouring in. I don't pour over 155-160 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered 6006 from a couple of suppliers and it seems that when I order from  Aztec, it appears darker for some reason. The 6006 I've ordered from everywhere else is white or creamy but their's is always a dark cream.

I don't use it as a blend for clams any more but could it be you're pouring too hot? I know if I pour too hot it's harder for it to release from the clamshell. I'm assuming that's what you're pouring in. I don't pour over 155-160 degrees.

Thats interesting because it seem to have started when I switched buying my wax from CS to Aztec. 

• 2 months later...

I am embarrassed to say I figured out what the problem is. I started buying my 6006 from EAP Innovations and I never noticed their 6006 is not IGI but a proprietary blend just for them. I think I was just so excited over the good pricing and shipping that I didn't notice. I also think thats a little misleading.

• Like 1