Super simple body wash for dry skin

kandlekrazy

Found this online and tweaked it till I was happy.  Nice thing is its super easy, readily avail and you can tweak to you hearts desire.  I used all organic prods but

you don't need to.

2 cups Dr. Bronner's unscented Castile liquid soap

1/2 cup Organic Sweet Almond Oil

1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil melted

50 drops of your fav EO  (I use Ylang Ylang & Lavender)

Mix, pour into a bottle and use!  My hubby even loves the way it makes his skin feel.  It is super soothing if you have dry skin.

• Like 1

That is a LOT of oil in very little soap. Liquid "castile" like Dr Bronner is maybe, at most, 25% soap diluted with 75% water. There is no emulsifier in there to keep the water phase from separating from the oils. Plus, in colder climates that coconut will separate out and solidify (coconut 76 solidifies at 76*F). Not sure if you would need to preserve that mix to prevent bacteria, fungi and mold spores from growing... Soap itself can be self preserving, but once other things are added all bets are off. :-/

You may be better off using the oils before (or after) washing with a diluted liquid or high superfat bar soap to achieve a similar effect without worrying about separation or spoilage.

• Like 1

Somehow it works great, it doesn't seem to separate or solidify but I do shake it before I use it each time.  I have very dry skin so the extra oil is super good for me.  The original recipe calls for 1 c sao and 1 c coconut and I modified it down because that was way too much.  I make the small batch and between the two of us it gets used up quickly.  I have thought about adding a preservative, but so far I haven't needed to and I really don't want chemicals so it would prob just be vit e.   I don't sell it just use it, it's really meant for personal use.

Edited by kandlekrazy

• 1 month later...

This on all levels sounds gross. :(
Why not make a liquid soap from scratch? They are very simple to make and then you're getting what you want. Bronners soap btw is about as castile as my leather boot. I hate their advertising antics.

• Like 3