Mocha candle dye

Hey, candle lovers!  Years ago, I had a supplier (BNL) that sold a wonderful liquid dye called "Mocha."  I used it for chocolate-scented candles and loved it.  It was the perfect shade. I am having trouble finding a replacement - a Google search turned up nothing useful.  As opposed to a warm, golden brown, this color was a cool brown with greyish undertones.  Really perfect for cocoa-scented candles.

Ideas?  Maybe I'll cough up a pic of a candle I made with this dye.  It's really perfect but I can't seem to find anyone who sells something similar.  Do you guys mix up your own combo for cocoa-colored candles?  Or have you found a good source for this shade?  Standard "brown" doesn't cut it. I'll see if I can grab a photo of candles I made with it. 

Thanks.

hotcocoasoycandle_zpsugoypzih.jpg

Wow! That looks yummy AJ! Sorry-- I use only redi-glo dye chips now. I can get a similar color in palm wax using about 1/4 chip. Don't know how it looks in soy but in parasoy the dye chips gave me great colors. Half a brown chip gives me a similar color in parasoy.

• Like 1

I make soy candles and paraffin. It's def easier to get the darker shades in paraffin!  Thanks for the tip.  I do have some redi-glo chips around my workshop SOMEWHERE.  (I'm currently in the midst of organizing and cleaning it.  lol)

Hey, candle lovers!  Years ago, I had a supplier (BNL) that sold a wonderful liquid dye called "Mocha."  I used it for chocolate-scented candles and loved it.  It was the perfect shade. I am having trouble finding a replacement - a Google search turned up nothing useful.  As opposed to a warm, golden brown, this color was a cool brown with greyish undertones.  Really perfect for cocoa-scented candles.

Ideas?  Maybe I'll cough up a pic of a candle I made with this dye.  It's really perfect but I can't seem to find anyone who sells something similar.  Do you guys mix up your own combo for cocoa-colored candles?  Or have you found a good source for this shade?  Standard "brown" doesn't cut it. I'll see if I can grab a photo of candles I made with it. 

http://stores.ebay.com/CANDLECHEM-COMPANY

I don't know if his mocha is the same color. I have some but it isn't at hand right now.

Good supplier with a ton of pre-mixed liquid color shades, among other things.

Which dye is that? The brown dye chip or a color block? The dye chips look just like the redi-glo ones.

BTW I can get that same color in parasoy and palm with the brown redi-glo dye chip. You just have to use either a half or quarter chip depending on the wax. I think with soy you could start out with either a whole or half chip and adjust from there.