How was your market this week?

Actually, 2 of my farmer's markets started in mid-April. But they really don't start going until the weather warms up a bit.

So yesterday, Saturday, I had one of my markets and it was a beautiful, warm, and sunny day. So I ended up having a very good day saleswise! I was actually busy with one customer after another for several hours.

This week I also brought 3 more new men's shaving soaps with me. I think that my demonstrating how to make shaving cream from the shaving soaps always makes a hit. Once people see how nice the shaving cream is it sells itself.

Plus I debuted my brand new dog soaps. I make 2 kinds, one with a fleas and tick formula and one for small and extra sensitive skinned dogs. They sold really well and I sold half of what I brought. I was surprised they sold so well but I was hoping they would. (Lots of our customer bring their dogs to the market.)

My specialty soaps like facial bars and shampoo bars did well as did my extra moisturizing and conditioning soaps.

Last year lemon verbena and ginger lime were the favorite citrus. This year it seems customers are loving my orange spice soaps. So glad I got the 10x orange EO as it really made a hit. (A picture of my orange spice soap is in the gallery.)

Sadly, no candles sold. But I sell more candles in the fall. Right now its all about the soap it seems.

So how did you all do? What was selling for you?

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Hope the soap continues to sell well for you. I think that once a person tries a really good hand made soap they become life long fans.

Have you tried selling tarts at your market? Lots of people who won't burn a candle year round still want the fragrance and are willing to buy tarts. Don't know if your market is already saturated with them or not.

The candles are more of a side sale. I switched from a candle company to a soap company so I am more about soap, B&B. Once in a while I do tarts but I don't want them as a regular part of my line. So maybe for the holidays.. :)

My market was good too.  We've been having lots of rain-outs, but the wet held off until about 11:30 this past Saturday.  Sold a few soaps, lots of candles, and lots of tarts.  A few lip balms and a couple of jars of whipped shea butter also sold.  No lotions this time, which was weird.  

• Like 2