Orange Spice.. check out this red!

Candybee

This time I used Nurture's Really Red and Orange Vibrance. I can't get over how gorgeous the red color came out in the CP soap!... plus, the orange EO is sticking so far and smells heavenly! It should mellow out a little and then the spice will be stronger once its cured. Can't wait to cut this baby and see how the red is inside!!

BTW-- the pics don't do it justice. It looks a bit pinkish in the pic but the real thing is much more red. So far the best red I have seen in CP! So glad I got this sample!!

post-2172-0-57943500-1429993253_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-77950500-1429993284_thumb.jp

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 4

No its not a magenta. It just came out that way in the pics. I noticed the pics look like there is some bluish/purplish hues in it but the real soap is definitely red without a trace of magenta/blue/purple/pink. Sorry I have poor lighting and a crap camera.

In the pics it looks like a raspberry color but its not.

Edited by Candybee

Thanks everyone for looking.

No I don't do videos. I don't have a camera or video cam for that. My camera is a cheap digital cam I got several years ago to take pics for my website. It is sadly way out of date and doesn't do well with lighting or closeups. Plus the video part uses so much battery to record its pretty much useless except for very short 10-30 second vids.

Will try to get around to cutting this batch today and post cut pix.

Well the red color is definitely more of a raspberry now. I think my camera was picking that up all along. Its still very pretty and I think if I doubled the amount or added a touch of red oxide it could be a truer red. But I think its a keeper anyway. Its so pretty in the soap.

Here are some cut pics:

post-2172-0-20224400-1430139676_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-97199900-1430139704_thumb.jp

I have read that the tomato red from TKB trading is really red, just last week I needed a red for a rainbow soap,and I didn't want to make an order for just that. So I used Soaping 101's recipe and it is the closest to red I have ever gotten. She had a video showing the recipe, I don't want to quote the wrong amounts, but it was a neon pink, ruby red from the conservatorie, and red oxide. Ialso think you could use that mica with a little red oxide, and if you have any darker red mica maybe throw that in too. The Red Vibrance is similar to ruby red.Oh and that is very pretty soap, just not what you expected.

• Like 1

I have read that the tomato red from TKB trading is really red, just last week I needed a red for a rainbow soap,and I didn't want to make an order for just that. So I used Soaping 101's recipe and it is the closest to red I have ever gotten. She had a video showing the recipe, I don't want to quote the wrong amounts, but it was a neon pink, ruby red from the conservatorie, and red oxide. Ialso think you could use that mica with a little red oxide, and if you have any darker red mica maybe throw that in too. The Red Vibrance is similar to ruby red.Oh and that is very pretty soap, just not what you expected.

Thanks for the tip. Tomato red sounds promising! I need to order the neons from TKB so maybe I will order a sample of the tomato red. But I still think the really red and red oxide mix might do the trick. Gonna give it a try next time I need a red color.

Well the red color is definitely more of a raspberry now. I think my camera was picking that up all along. Its still very pretty and I think if I doubled the amount or added a touch of red oxide it could be a truer red. But I think its a keeper anyway. Its so pretty in the soap.

Here are some cut pics:

Gorgeous as usual!! 

Yes, to get a nice true "Christmas" red, I always add a touch of red oxide to a neon red or pink and get a great red each time. 

Edited by Jcandleattic
  • Like 1

They discontinued most of the cosmetic safe neon type mica that I had ordered. If you end up going for the Tomato red there are two and you will want the concentrated, it is non bleeding, cosmetic safe, and stable; so their code NCS would be on it. I think they have a very small bottle, it comes in a glycerin mix. I think you will end up fine with mixing the really red and oxide. I was happy with the mix on Soaping 101 and think you have a head start with the really red.

Beautiful!!!  Love them.  I know they didn't come out the right color for you but still so pretty.

The tomato red from TKB is awesome. I haven't used it in CP soap though.  It's a perfect red that doesn't bleed. I have soaps that I made Dec of 2013 with that red and still no bleeding.  I just bought a bigger bottle because it's my go to red/pink for my products.

TKB does have a neon red, it's ye olde neon red or the reformulated one too.  Also, raging raspberry is a really pretty color.  not red, but a pretty pretty color.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...