Keeping M&P Liquid to do "fancy" tricks

Jcandleattic

Okay M&P peeps, I typically only make embeds out of M&P and usually only 1 colored chunks. 

What I am wanting to do is make some of the embeds a little more fancy. Like little butterflies, however, I don't really want an only 1 colored butterfly. 

When I try to pipe some soap down into the grooves of the mold with my dropper (like a black outline for the body and outside wings) so that I can then cover with a pretty yellow or whatever, the soap gets too thick/hard too quick and ends up clogging the dropper. 

Any suggestions on how to keep it liquid longer so I don't have to keep melting/remelting and unclogging my dropper? 

TIA

I actually never thought of that because I use such small amounts and heat it in the microwave in a small pyrex measuring cup. (it's a 2C size) I only heat it until it's melted (sometimes there are still little chunks that will melt when I stir) because if I over heat it, it turns rubbery. 

That's not a bad idea though, I'll have to figure out the logistics. I have a griddle I can use, and a small aluminum pour pot I use for small batches of candles... 

• Like 1