Dragon's Blood

Jcandleattic

I'm going to be making a Dragon's Blood soap very soon, but am contemplating colors. 

I know this will discolor to a very dark soap, which is fine, I'm not going to color the base, and take a portion out unscented to color. 

My dilemma? What to color the unscented portion. 

I'm debating between purple, green, or a combo of one or the other with white swirls (so purple/white or green/white) but can't figure which one I would like more. 

So it's up to a vote - which of these would YOU guys think would look best? 

I'll probably not get to it until next Saturday, but that will give me time to plan it out. 

I always color my dragon's blood candles cinnamon red. I have done it so long I can't picture it any other color but red! So I would use red for soap too.

I would go with red, black, white, and cobalt blue (or as close as you can get to it!).. even navy but a deep, dark vivid blue! Or--- deep purple is good too.

Edited by Candybee

I always color my dragon's blood candles cinnamon red. I have done it so long I can't picture it any other color but red! So I would use red for soap too.

I would go with red, black, white, and cobalt blue (or as close as you can get to it!).. even navy but a deep, dark vivid blue! Or--- deep purple is good too.

Most people use red/black for their dragon's blood, and that's why I don't want red. I know I'm weird.

Maybe, I will go with red for recognition sake... 

I like the idea of blue, maybe I will go with blue/red. Or stick with my plan of purple? 

Either way, y'all will know when I make it because I'll talk about it and show it off... LOL

• Like 2

Well, here is what I have in my notes:

Forest Dragon:  Super dark green or dark red

Mystic Dragon:  Purple

Ice Dragon:  Light Blue

Most evil dragon:  Black

So, go with your heart on this one, I personally would do a combo of all the colors.

• 1 year later...

I made a pink one, and it discolored at bit around the edges, because I forgot my stabilizer, but I made another one mixed with peppermint, it was blue with activated charcoal swirls. Scented the entire batch, and remembered to use my VS, It's been 2 years, and no discoloration. I call that mixture Dragon's Breath. To me, it fits the name and scent beautifully. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

I made a pink one, and it discolored at bit around the edges, because I forgot my stabilizer, but I made another one mixed with peppermint, it was blue with activated charcoal swirls. Scented the entire batch, and remembered to use my VS, It's been 2 years, and no discoloration. I call that mixture Dragon's Breath. To me, it fits the name and scent beautifully. 

I also use the name Dragon's Breath on some candles.

Jcandleattic... you said your using stabalizer.... what wax are you using?  What was causing the discoloration?  Or, were you talking soaps not candles/metls?

2 hours ago, wthomas57 said:

I also use the name Dragon's Breath on some candles.

Jcandleattic... you said your using stabalizer.... what wax are you using?  What was causing the discoloration?  Or, were you talking soaps not candles/metls?

HAHAHA I was talking soap. Forgot I posted this in candlemaking. When making candles and/or melts I make them purple, and they have never discolored - I don't use a stabilizer in my candles at all.