Upscale, boxed candle presentation

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

I am really struggling with the jar selection for this project. They have already selected 3 fragrances for this line and I'm back to square one with the jars. I had chosen a great looking rustic cube, but it turns out it is a bit too rustic, and with the small bubbles in the glass I felt it would not be safe.

They want a wood wick in it. I am limited as far as sizes because it has to fit in a readily available box. I want the whole thing to come in around $7.50-8.00 (I don't pay shipping on much, so it's reasonable).

Any thoughts?

Guest OldGlory

Thanks chappy, I'll have a look at them.

Edit-

I should have included that I am using an undyed soy wax in the jar, so it will be a simple, straightforward looking candle with very complex fragrances.

Edited by OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

I'll get back with you on that Candybee. I have looked at so many websites lately I don't remember which one is which.

Edit-

It's Fillmores that has them for $1, and The Candlemakers Store (I think) that has them for $1.39, and they have lids for them.

Edited by OldGlory

I've got a few ideas of some different style jars with great lids ideas that I can make some suggestions on with pictures, and some with frosted glass too,  but I'm late for work.  So I'll post them when I get back this evening.

Trappeur

I was scrolling the internet for some ideas and saw some of these pictures for ideas....Geesh, wouldn't it be just awesome to be able to do whatever you wanted without worrying about money?  There are so many beautiful things out there.....

I know you do a lot of business with Aztec Old Glory.....What about that flint jar with a rust lid.  They show the lid with the silver....but what if you asked them if the could get it with the rust finish?

Here is the apothecary with rust lid with ring.  Candle Soylutions has that ring....I've done that jar with that lid and it is really beautiful.

You might want to call Phill at TVG as I know he does custom rust lids and he has wonderful prices.  That lid might even look great on the status.

aj-16rr%201_1.jpg

Then when I saw these lids, wouldn't they look great on a cube jar?

images%2019.jpg

If you are doing the wood wick, they are going to be just beautiful.....I saw this picture....Geesh, what kid of jar is that in the white?  I'm not sure that I even like at all, the wood wick is beautiful and you do such beautiful colors in your candles and I can just imagine the vivid colors....

images%2018.jpg

Now I ordered a frosted jar from Filmore and Community Candle has the brown craft lids and being that your candle is going into a box, would it matter if there is not a typical lid on the jar and there was something like this.  I really loved the look of these paper lids...

images%2016.jpg

Linnea.jpg

Now I love love this lid and looks like it is on the status jar.  This would be smashing I think with a great label on it.

Geesh, I hope I don't get in trouble with posting pictures from the internet?  Were just talking ideas, that's all.

400_Whimsical_Close_up2.jpg

Now who would have ever thought to put a wood lid on a piece of cyrstal....I was just thinking of me and my crystal jars I have been doing....he he he..This was just for fun.....

images%2021.jpg

Then the status jar I know come with black metal lids...is that too dressy and not enough rusticity?  Just a thought.

Old Glory, what type boxing are you going with?  Plain white or a kraft look or the ones that CScience have with the open front?

Speaking of Candle Science, that jar they have in the big colorful picture with the soy wax done in the lavender is a gorgeous gorgeous jar....Beautiful look - but I don't know what lid goes with that...but I did see on the internet where someone went with a wood lid and it was awesome and I could just see your wood wick in it.

Classic-Fragrance-Oils.jpg

So what ideas have you come up with so far?

Trappeur

• Like 4

Geesh, wouldn't it be just awesome to be able to do whatever you wanted without worrying about money?  There are so many beautiful things out there.....

I physically ache for this scenario sometimes!! 

But as I don't come from money and only play the lotto about once or twice every 3-4 years, I don't think it's going to happen for me. 

I love the very last jar. (of course I love purple for candles too, so maybe that's why as well?) 

Thanks for sharing your finds. 

• Like 1

I would look at General Wax's line of jars, they have a black and a silver jar along with frosted, metal or plastic tops and some really nice boxes...you can get ideas there.

KandleKrazy - I can not find the black & silver jars on general wax's site.  Do you have a link?

Guest OldGlory

I tried posting earlier - waited 20 minutes for it to post but it never did so I had to reboot my computer.

Thank you all so much for the ideas! What could be better than polling a bunch of creative minds?

I will be sending samples of the 11 0z tumbler from Aztec and the frosted Fillmore 7 oz (? I think). Those are the only 2 I could do and get a wholesale price of $7.50-8.00. Everything else, although beautiful, will set the wholesale price too high. I am trying to get my client to drop their current boxed line in favor of mine, so cost is critical.

Trappeur, wow you pulled up some lovely ideas! I especially love the cardboard tube for packaging. I think you would have to have a firmer base on it - would you just glue it in place? I have looked at tuck top boxes with tissue paper inserted to minimize movement.

I wish you all just lived around the corner lol!

Old Glory, those cardboard tube boxes come already done with the bottom attached.....but they are pricey...I was looking for me for a client....

You know what Old Glory....I got some samples of craft boxes this past summer from a company called Sunshine.  They will send free samples.  The prices were I believe the cheapest.  And they are heavy meaning not flimsy...and they had them in the tuck style too. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll give you the phone number.

Those samples you are sending sound wonderful.  I have the 7oz frosted tumbler from Filmore...It's very very pretty.

So what lid or lid choices have you in mind for them?

Trappeur

Oh yes......I'm rooting for  you to get that account as you and everyone else is of me with the apple house.....Keep us posted! :) 

Guest OldGlory

No lids, Trappeur. I have been comparison shopping and many of the upscale boxed candles come with no lids. That is going to help me save money too. Thanks for the well wishes! I think it's pretty much a go since they have chosen 3 fragrances, now I just have to get the packaging right.

Edit:

They order monthly, keep low inventory levels, so I'm not worried about losing scent without a lid.

Edited by OldGlory

• 2 months later...

I was scrolling the internet for some ideas and saw some of these pictures for ideas....Geesh, wouldn't it be just awesome to be able to do whatever you wanted without worrying about money?  There are so many beautiful things out there.....

I know you do a lot of business with Aztec Old Glory.....What about that flint jar with a rust lid.  They show the lid with the silver....but what if you asked them if the could get it with the rust finish?

Here is the apothecary with rust lid with ring.  Candle Soylutions has that ring....I've done that jar with that lid and it is really beautiful.

You might want to call Phill at TVG as I know he does custom rust lids and he has wonderful prices.  That lid might even look great on the status.

aj-16rr%201_1.jpg

Then when I saw these lids, wouldn't they look great on a cube jar?

images%2019.jpg

If you are doing the wood wick, they are going to be just beautiful.....I saw this picture....Geesh, what kid of jar is that in the white?  I'm not sure that I even like at all, the wood wick is beautiful and you do such beautiful colors in your candles and I can just imagine the vivid colors....

images%2018.jpg

Now I ordered a frosted jar from Filmore and Community Candle has the brown craft lids and being that your candle is going into a box, would it matter if there is not a typical lid on the jar and there was something like this.  I really loved the look of these paper lids...

images%2016.jpg

Linnea.jpg

Now I love love this lid and looks like it is on the status jar.  This would be smashing I think with a great label on it.

Geesh, I hope I don't get in trouble with posting pictures from the internet?  Were just talking ideas, that's all.

400_Whimsical_Close_up2.jpg

Now who would have ever thought to put a wood lid on a piece of cyrstal....I was just thinking of me and my crystal jars I have been doing....he he he..This was just for fun.....

images%2021.jpg

Then the status jar I know come with black metal lids...is that too dressy and not enough rusticity?  Just a thought.

Old Glory, what type boxing are you going with?  Plain white or a kraft look or the ones that CScience have with the open front?

Speaking of Candle Science, that jar they have in the big colorful picture with the soy wax done in the lavender is a gorgeous gorgeous jar....Beautiful look - but I don't know what lid goes with that...but I did see on the internet where someone went with a wood lid and it was awesome and I could just see your wood wick in it.

Classic-Fragrance-Oils.jpg

So what ideas have you come up with so far?

Trappeur

So many great ideas!  The crystal and wood is really a unique look, elegant but a bit rustic.  Is that a canning jar?  It looks silver to me.

GoldieMN