Daffodils

Candybee

Scented with Daffodils from Fillmore Container. I just love this FO. It just screams Spring! and smells so realistic like you are in a field of yellow daffodils.

The colors are Mad Oils orange crush and bright yellow raincoat at 1t PPO. They look a little washed out. The orange is not as true and bright as I wanted.

A special shout out to JCandleattic for the tips on getting rid of the TD specks. Looks mucho better si??

post-2172-0-63089500-1425401935_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-58547400-1425401957_thumb.jp

post-2172-0-78365800-1425401971_thumb.jp

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

I have the "neon" micas on my list. Mad Oils just got them in so my next check and I am gonna get me some! Seems the only true yellow and orange I get is using the neon yellow and neon orange. Also, I love mixing neon yellow with neon green for a neon lime green! Gonna try that with my coconut lime soap when i get the neons.

Scented with Daffodils from Fillmore Container. I just love this FO. It just screams Spring! and smells so realistic like you are in a field of yellow daffodils.

The colors are Mad Oils orange crush and bright yellow raincoat at 1t PPO. They look a little washed out. The orange is not as true and bright as I wanted.

A special shout out to JCandleattic for the tips on getting rid of the TD specks. Looks mucho better si??

I love your soap Candybee!!! Beautiful!! :) I will be making some soap with that scent VERY soon! Got a question for you....I love the colors that you used on this soap from Mad Oils. Have you ever used Nuture's mica? Between the two do you think one's mica's is better than the other or is it like scent...you always get great and not so great fragrances from one supplier. I had some of the Mad Oil micas in my cart and then I looked at Nuture and had micas in my cart. I ended up not buying from either, but copied and pasted both carts and sent it into my email so that I know what I wanted. What do you think of the mica's. Are they stable as far as you know. I am planning on using the mica's in both M&P and hot process. Thanks for any info! Appreciate ya! :)

Edited by puma52

I have used the vibrance collection micas from Nurture and have to say I love all of them. They are the original POP micas TKB carried then dropped. Nurture picked them up, reformulated them and renamed them rainbow. Now they are called vibrance.

What I love about Mad Oils micas is they have a sample soap picture you can see how the color will come out in the soap. That helps me a lot in deciding what colors to buy so for now I am testing out Mad Oils micas. They just got their neon colors in and I can't wait to buy some and try them out!

The only mica I had trouble with was the rainbow raspberry. Its now raspberry vibrance and I haven't tried it since the name changed so not sure if its been reformulated. The color is awesome but it did bleed. Hoping the vibrance one doesn't. But for now I am using the Mad Oils Voodoo mica. Its a hot raspberry and so far I love it. Check out my rose soap, that one has the Voodoo mica in it.

I like both Nurture's and Mad Oils micas. To me they work almost exactly the same. They are both very good quality, and in a blind test, I dont' think I'd be able to tell the difference. At least that's been my experience. 

:)

Thank you so much for you input Jcandleattic! I appreciate your input. With all of these suppliers now, a person just does not know which direction to go and you have helped so much! Thanks again! :)

I have used the vibrance collection micas from Nurture and have to say I love all of them. They are the original POP micas TKB carried then dropped. Nurture picked them up, reformulated them and renamed them rainbow. Now they are called vibrance.

What I love about Mad Oils micas is they have a sample soap picture you can see how the color will come out in the soap. That helps me a lot in deciding what colors to buy so for now I am testing out Mad Oils micas. They just got their neon colors in and I can't wait to buy some and try them out!

The only mica I had trouble with was the rainbow raspberry. Its now raspberry vibrance and I haven't tried it since the name changed so not sure if its been reformulated. The color is awesome but it did bleed. Hoping the vibrance one doesn't. But for now I am using the Mad Oils Voodoo mica. Its a hot raspberry and so far I love it. Check out my rose soap, that one has the Voodoo mica in it.

Gracious! All of the micas from both places are just so beautiful! I SO love the lime greens, the bright raspberry colors, the blues....oh my....the brighter...the better ! :) Thanks so much for your input, it helps SO much and give me direction!  :)