Mold Making

Jcandleattic

I already made 4 round molds from PVC pipe I purchased at Lowes. Got the end caps, stander phalanges there too. They will also cut your PVC pipe for you. If you make the wood molds they will cut the wood for you too.

Great link JC! You can certainly save money making your own molds. My 4 18" tall round PVC soap molds cost me less than $15 total to make. I also bought some thin flexible cutting boards from the Dollar store to line the inside. Just roll them up, put it inside the PVC tube, let it unroll to fit the mold, and you are ready. Cost of 3 flexible cutting boards $1.

• Like 1

I get a LOT of my soapmaking tools at the Dollar Tree. Love that place when it comes to tools. 

I don't line my PVC, but it's a dry climate here and my recipe is a pretty hard one, so for me, it's not needed, but that's a good idea for lining! 

I'm always afraid my soap might stick in the mold. Anyway, I love how the flexible board just slides right out of the mold. Plus, its easy to unwrap the soap. Only problem is the line down the side. So I also add freezer wrap inside the lining so I get less of a line.