Does anyone use Sage FO to blend with Citrus, Blackberry, etc?

GailC

I bought a couple of pounds of FO from the Candlemaker's store, just because they were so inexpensive; Citrus and Blackberry  Well I'm not crazy about either of them, but I just had this bright idea.  If there was such a thing as straight Sage FO, I could try blending it with them.  I had already thought about blending some Vanilla with the Blackberry. So I looked on fragranceoilfinder.com and sure enough there is such a thing as plain Sage.

I smelled some Citrus and Sage at the Candlemaker's Store and really liked it.  But I am kind of leery about trying to blend my own. So I thought I'd see if any of you have had success blending Sage with other fragrances.

Guest OldGlory

I use the qtip method of testing blends. I have some 2 oz bottles, cut a qtip in half, and dip a cottony end into the FO of all the scents I want to use, then drop it into the bottle. If I want 2 of citrus and 1 of sage, i use 2 qtips citrus, 1 qtip sage. Etc.

As a side note, I sell both Blackberry Sage and Citrus Sage, premixed, purchased from Aztec. I think my client likes SAGE! LOL

Sage and leather is a combo I was thinking of trying along with sage and something grassy. I'm wondering about a sage and pine needle. 

I have found sage to be a wonderful blender for other things. I have a desert sage type of FO that I combined with a spiced apple that I happen to like, but I will warn you that what I like ... others don't lol.

• Like 1

I recently got samples of Desert Sage and Sweetgrass from Elements. Both smell great, light, airy, and fresh. I can see citrus with either; sage + citrus, and citrus + grass.

Blackberry would definitely work with sage, or vanilla, or pine, cedar, or another berry scent.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I had decided I DID NOT need any more fragrance oils, but then Aztec went and announced a sale and they have Sage, so I'm going to get some and try blending.  

I have used the Qtip method before Old Glory, but not trying a 2 to 1 ratio with 2 Qtips of one fragrance and 1 Qtip of another.  That's a good idea.