A couple fun things

TallTayl

The pink mold holds a special batch of solid hair conditioner bars for some special friends. The scent is a blend inspired by The Hobbit: Honey Meade, Tobacco, Pepperberry, Berries and green grass.

Shampoo bars to match are about to be made.

The nail polish is for the same group, also with a hobbit theme. It is a water-based polymer that i have been working on for years. it's non-toxic, non-flammable, and has nearly no odor. I have applied it while in a car and on a plane and nobody around knew the bottle was even open! Bonus: it dries really, really fast.

For this special polish i had to choose a special colorant: COLOR SHIFTING MICA!!! Inspired by the Arkenstone, at first glance it looks like a plain white color. When you look closer you see a light purple sheen. When applied it color shifts from light pinkish purple to nearly invisible in certain lights.

post-7851-0-22339700-1424912487_thumb.jp

post-7851-0-69838200-1424912513_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

So ambitious! I am so curious about the solid hair conditioner bars. I have never heard of such a thing.

Very cool nail polish too. You are quite creative!

Solid hair care products are fab for people who: Don't like excess packaging, Don't like to ship water, or Travel. No water=no TSA restrictions.

The little flowers in that mold weigh about .7 ounces. In liquid form (which you can turn these into at home) each flower makes over 16 ounces of traditional thickness conditioner. Used as-is in solid form each lasts me about a month or more for my shoulder blade length hair.

The pink mold holds a special batch of solid hair conditioner bars for some special friends. The scent is a blend inspired by The Hobbit: Honey Meade, Tobacco, Pepperberry, Berries and green grass.

Shampoo bars to match are about to be made.

The nail polish is for the same group, also with a hobbit theme. It is a water-based polymer that i have been working on for years. it's non-toxic, non-flammable, and has nearly no odor. I have applied it while in a car and on a plane and nobody around knew the bottle was even open! Bonus: it dries really, really fast.

For this special polish i had to choose a special colorant: COLOR SHIFTING MICA!!! Inspired by the Arkenstone, at first glance it looks like a plain white color. When you look closer you see a light purple sheen. When applied it color shifts from light pinkish purple to nearly invisible in certain lights.

Awesome job TallTayl! I am so amazed at all of the talent here! How neat that you can make the conditioner in a solid! THAT is wonderful! :)