Sweetcakes Bergamot Coriander blended w/Sweetcakes Honey!

puma52

Last September our family went to the beach and we stayed at a motel that had sample bottles of shampoo and lotion in Evelyn & Crabtree Citron, Honey & Coriander in our room...their citrus was lemon in this blend and I had been hanging onto the bottles forever because I just love that scent and I wanted to find it and put it in my line. Well, in my Sweetcakes order I got in the Bergamot Coriander and Honey....I made melt and pour soap today and  I did a blend of .75 Bergamot Coriander and .25 of their honey....OH MY!!! So delicate, so clean, so uplifting....so delicious smelling. I want to put this blend in everything for this Spring! If you are looking for an awesome scent blend try this. It is awesome!!! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 8

Well that didn't take me long to head on over to SC! Got a question for you all! Does anyone use their oils in candles? Or mostly soap? Quite a bit more pricey than most oils.Mor

Morning DaisyMay!

They are a little pricey, BUT they are wonderful! I am going to do a B&B line this Spring w/their scents. Champaca & Bamboo is also awesome! I made candles in their Apple Jack & Peel last year and also used their New Mown Hay in pillars also and I loved how those turned out. Their scents are so unique, so if you are looking for something different to make ya stand out, they are the ones to go to. Of course their Tomato Leaf does not smell like Tomato Leaf to me, but I am sure it is their sophisticated version of it and I am not that sophisticated :laugh2: , so there ya go! hee hee.

Edited by puma52
  • Like 3

love their oils (and they are local for me), have used them in tarts and they are nice and strong.  of course I haven't tried the bergamot and coriandor, so guess who will be placing an order today cuz I just have to try this combo in soap and lotion?  Thank you enablers!!

• Like 2

Your description of the combo sounds really nice. I know bergamot has a distinctive citrus note and makes lovely blends. Just trying to remember what coriander smells like?!

Candybee, I don't know how to describe it, but it is something that I had never smelled before we got this scent in those samples and I just was really drawn to it. I have opened and smelled these samples a lot, then when I finally used the shampoo 3 weeks ago, I knew I had to somehow get that scent and make it for me. :)  I got online and did a search for it....Sweetcakes had the closet name to it...Bergamot & Coriander...instead of the lemon scent it would be the bergamot which is a citrus scent also, so I figured why not? I knew they carried the honey (which IS just wonderful...a true, clean, sweet honey) and got that. The Crabtree & Evelyn scents are very unique and wonderful and I knew if I got these scents from Sweetcakes, it would make my blend a "finer" scent. The Coriander is a very distinct pleasant scent. This combo is so clean and wonderful...I just want to wash my hands all day. I can't wait to make hot process soap, lotion, shampoo, whipped soap and scrubs in this stuff. I mean I AM addicted and just tickled to death that I did this combo! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for you all and this site. I post very rarely, but visit the site OFTEN! The wealth of advice and expertise I receive here has saved me many many goofs and upsets. You all are very free with information and I am grateful. Thank you!

• Like 2

I went into a Crabtree ans evelyn store today and picked up a sample pack of hand lotions and that citron- honey and coriander is AMAZING!!!

Is your blend with the bergamot real similar? It's a definite lemon but wow this scent is just so clean and unique....Thanks for getting me curious on yet another new scent! Lol

I appreciate your sharing your blend because of course when I order more hotel costes I will be adding the others!

I went into a Crabtree ans evelyn store today and picked up a sample pack of hand lotions and that citron- honey and coriander is AMAZING!!!

Is your blend with the bergamot real similar? It's a definite lemon but wow this scent is just so clean and unique....Thanks for getting me curious on yet another new scent! Lol

I appreciate your sharing your blend because of course when I order more hotel costes I will be adding the others!

Isn't that scent wonderful Moonshine? The scent is extremely similar, but I am going to order from Sweetcakes again before I make my Spring line and I will be ordering Lemon Zest to blend with the Bergamot & Coriander and Honey. I think it just needs a little TOUCH of lemon. So if the Sweetcakes Lemon Zest does not do it, I will probably order the Lemon Tart from Backwoods (which is a wonderful lemon) and try that! But it is very close just the way it is...it just needs a zing of lemon I think. :)

Edited by puma52

I think lemon is a must in the blend - it's so fresh and crisp

Vetiver and juniper berry is another I need to dupe - it is so clean and upscale....and I hated Vetiver alone when I tried it years ago

And gardeners is another! I never knew we had a store at our mall and have never ever tried their scents....I am hooked

Very classy and upscale and unique and wonderful!

You know Moonshine....that is one of the side effects of creating wonderfully scented items is that whenever you see something to smell, you always have to stop and sniff "the competition's wares"....hee hee.  Evelyn & Crabtree has gotten themselves an awesome perfumer to create their scents , that is for sure. You are right..their scents are classy, upscale, unique and wonderful! It will be interesting to see what we have got when we put a touch of lemon in that blend. I think it will be just pretty darned close! :)

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thank you so much, puma52, for sharing this recipe!  I made it in melt & pour soap (and added a tiny bit of lemon as you suggested) and it is fantastic!  I can't remember which lemon I used (Backwoods Lemon Tart or EBB Lemon Zest). I used honey soap but am not fond of that base so will use a different base next time...not sure if I will use more honey in that case.

I'm going to place another Sweet Cakes order this week and will be trying their Lemon Zest so will add that next time I make this wonderful soap. Thanks again!

I liked but didn't love Hotel Costes in m&p soap...maybe some lemon will help :)

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

PUMA52

on several of your posts here you comment making soaps, shampoo, lotion, etc. for your line. do you sell under a brand name or have a website? i found this "conversation" by searching bergamot & honey b/c i too love the scent this particular blend creates. im just a consumer not a crafter.