What scent or scents are you loving right now

LeahRB

I always love to hear what fragrances people love.  Actually, I love any talk about fo's :-/  

Right now I am loving NG's Strike a Pose.  It is a dupe of Tyler Candle's High Maintenance and I think they did a great job.  It's great in melts and I can't wait to get it into some soap. 

I recently discovered how amazing Aztec's oils are. They've been hitting it out of the park.

Their dupe of Anthropoligie's Capri Blue Volcano is spot on and throws great in parasoy. Sells like crazy.

Tobacco is a wonderful unisex scent. Sultry with brown sugar notes and just the right bit of vanilla. I rename it because people forget that tobacco is a flowering plant. They just think "cigarettes". Since renaming it, it sells much better.

Fresh Cut Grass! Amazing.

Birthday Cake! So buttery and authentic and throws like CRAZY.

Can't wait to try more Aztec oils!

• Like 3

Haha! I'm drawing a blank! There are so many scents that I love its hard to pick one. Right now I am loving citrus blends and been experimenting blending my own using both FOs and EOs in varying blends. I like using EOs paired with FOs to make a scent pop!

If I had to pick just one for now I would pick Daffodils by Fillmore. It just screams spring and I am ready for it to start! Next season will be something different.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Right now, I'm loving my own blends. My last blend that is probably my favorite right now is Dragonfruit mixed with Botanical Orchard Nectar. That one is really a good one, and so far hasn't faded in my soap. I haven't put it in wax though... 

Another one of my favorites is NG's Satsuma and Peak's Pink Sugar. Smells just like a Ruby Red Grapefruit. (Thanks Candybee for reminding me about that mix!! :)

There are about 10 mix ideas that I have floating around in my head, that I haven't had a chance to get to, but (in my mind) seem like they are promising. We'll see... 

• Like 2

I am still loving my winter scents right now

WSP autumn lodge

CS mistletoe

Fillmore Christmas tree

NG cracklin birch

Filmore cedar garland

And I am loving tennessee this old house - cinnamon broom and honeysuckle

I have a lot more filmore to test and daffodil smells amazing OOB - I will get to them soon but using up my winter christmas testers from every batch I made still

• Like 2

Guest OldGlory

NG's Bamboo and White Grapefruit is my new favorite. I have it in wax but am waiting for a cure. I think it would be lovely in any sort of bath and body product.

I am still loving my winter scents right now

WSP autumn lodge

CS mistletoe

Fillmore Christmas tree

NG cracklin birch

Filmore cedar garland

And I am loving tennessee this old house - cinnamon broom and honeysuckle

I have a lot more filmore to test and daffodil smells amazing OOB - I will get to them soon but using up my winter christmas testers from every batch I made still

Moonshine you like a lot of the same FOs I like. But I have not tried cracklin birch or smelled it before. I hear its wonderful. Its on my ever growing list of oils to try. LOL

Well I am always looking for unbiased opinions on my candles - pm me your address and I will send you a cracklin birch one - all soy and I call it Michigan birch in my Mighigan line- I love this scent and have a lot made but it's hard getting people to buy it -they always want fruits and florals- my least favorite to pour! Lol

And I found in my box a small slab of Shea butter melt and pour and cocoa butter- mango butter and emulsifying wax (not even sure what I bought that for!)! All from elements and I have no idea if it's still good but it looks fine and was stored in sealed bags in my cool dark storage room in a cardboard box - yours for the taking of you would like

Guest OldGlory

I think Fillmore's Christmas Tree (think that's what they call it) is good, and I just got a sample from AFI of their Frasier Fir dupe. I am waiting for that to cure before I test burn it, but it smells very much like Thymes Frasier Fir. Still not enough top note which I think is just straight up fir needle EO (guessing of course), but still very similar.

AFI only sells in large quantities (10 lb minimum) which is fine for me, but not everyone wants to buy that much.

I do a custom blend of some woody and greenery scents along with Aztec's Fresh Cut Christmas Tree and it is my wholesale client's best seller. I like offering something unique. When I blend I start out with qtips, then if it's something I really like I mix the FOs and let them sit for a week before judging the result.

Fillmores christmas tree rocks! Love it

I motivated myself last night to pour their daffodil in my parasoy project dyed yellow and some melts in a parasoy dyed yellow as well- wow do I love this scent....and they set up so beautiful- no frost no wet spots and so creamy....let's hope they burn as good as they look

Tonight I am going to pour their lemon lavender dyed purple and hope they turn out the same!

• Like 1

PFO's Smokey Mtn Christmas Tree is the absolute strongest pine scent I have found: http://purefragranceoils.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19&products_id=228

Its too strong for my taste but might be what you are looking for. This smells like I just rubbed fresh pine needles in my hands. It has that extra strong resin kick scent. I think of it as pine scent on steriods.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I recently discovered how amazing Aztec's oils are. They've been hitting it out of the park.

Their dupe of Anthropoligie's Capri Blue Volcano is spot on and throws great in parasoy. Sells like crazy.

Tobacco is a wonderful unisex scent. Sultry with brown sugar notes and just the right bit of vanilla. I rename it because people forget that tobacco is a flowering plant. They just think "cigarettes". Since renaming it, it sells much better.

Fresh Cut Grass! Amazing.

Birthday Cake! So buttery and authentic and throws like CRAZY.

Can't wait to try more Aztec oils!

Hi I am also using a parasoy blend with Volcano dupe from Aztec. I agree it is amazing. Can I ask you how much fragrance you use per pound and what wick and size container you are using as well.

Thank you!

Lemon.  Lemon, lemon, lemon.  Lemon with Vanilla, lemon with grapefruit, lemon with other lemon....naturally I'm stuck that I haven't found a truly great lemon for my candles....grumble.  But grapefruit and lemon is lovely in soap.  And lemon with herbs, lemon with vanilla is great in lotion and soap. 

I LOVE:

Peak's Sweet Pea

Peak's Plumeria

and I especially love these from flamingcandle:

Bamboo & Orchid

Egyptian Amber

Earthen Oak

Lavender Sandalwood

and Candle Science:

nag champa

dragon's blood

haven't had a chance to use most of these yet though, but I see all of those listed being my perennial favorites.

I love CS Dragons Blood and Nag Champa too!

I recently got a sample of Peaks Sea Salt and Cocoa Bean and wowzer! I can't stop sniffing it! I am switching from Fillmore's Cocoa Therapy to Peaks. Must be the sea salt gives it that extra kick because it is a fabulous cocoa scent.

• Like 1

Yeah, CS is the boss for nag champa and dragon's blood. I haven't tried from anywhere else, but I'd hate to order especially the nag champa anywhere else and maybe be disappointed - its THAT good.

I too keep sniffing my scents - I love them!  I go on Peak's site a lot and so badly want order a bunch of samples, but I don't want to go all gang-busters buying fo's just yet.