What is monoi de Tahiti

chappy6107

is it available at local / national chains or do I have to order it online?

Boy I'd go to a reputable supplier of B&B stuff than search for a national chain. You want purity and this has always been an expensive oil or on the more expensive side, that's why I say find you a reputable supplier. 

Edited by Scented

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to buy from an un reputable supplier, just didnt know if there was a local to Dallas shop that sold it or if it was something that had to be ordered online.  I just hate paying shipping prices that end up being at least half of the products price.

• 1 month later...

I hate to burst the bubble but if you dig a bit deeper you will discover that the delightful scent is actually from added fragrance oil (despite the claims of many sellers). I have purchased truly natural Monoi and it hardly smells at all (something confirmed by people who have sampled it in Tahiti). It is a very clever marketing ploy because is it simply scented coconut oil (that may or may not have macerated Tiare flowers in it - either way, not enough to have any effect). And yes, I was fooled and purchased a gallon of "Organic Monoi" for over $100.....

Edited by Aline

From Nature with Love carries the real deal. Here is a link that will also give you an explanation of what it is and how its made and its origin. Only buy Monoi de Tahiti from a refutable company that can certify it: https://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=OILMONOIUNSFR143

I use it in a specialty soap. Since its made with coconut oil I split my coconut oil with monoi for my total % I use in my soap. So if I am using 25% CO I may split that say 15% CO and 10% monoi. For me its just too pricy to use at full %. Also, it has the same properties as CO so it doesn't make any sense to me to use it in place of CO except as a marketing source for my 'polynesian' themed specialty soap.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, FNWL is one of the few suppliers that sell unscented Monoi. And as you can see from the reviews, it hardly smells at all. I got a sample from one of the authenitic suppliers in Tahiti and sure enough, the scent was neglible. The whole thing is really just a marketing ploy to sell coconut oil for big bucks!

From Nature with Love carries the real deal. Here is a link that will also give you an explanation of what it is and how its made and its origin. Only buy Monoi de Tahiti from a refutable company that can certify it: https://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/product.asp?product_id=OILMONOIUNSFR143

I use it in a specialty soap. Since its made with coconut oil I split my coconut oil with monoi for my total % I use in my soap. So if I am using 25% CO I may split that say 15% CO and 10% monoi. For me its just too pricy to use at full %. Also, it has the same properties as CO so it doesn't make any sense to me to use it in place of CO except as a marketing source for my 'polynesian' themed specialty soap.

• 9 months later...