Bamboo Silk

Candybee

I have some, shared by a friend who has tried it. She "thinks" is adds "something". It is in the currently running "lather lover's swap round 2" elsewhere.

I will upload the videos of the sink tests to my youtube channel along with the first round so you can see if it does anything visibly to the lather quality.

• Like 2

I know I will get some anyway. You know how sometimes you just have to try something out for yourself! I remember discussing this on another forum a few months back. Someone asked if there was a vegan sub for Tussah. So I am thrilled there is at least something that exists.

BTW-- they were discussing using corn silk. I think someone tried it but it didn't dissolve well in the lye. Or maybe it didn't dissolve at all. Don't remember which.

Just thought of fibers in the coconut husk. Wonder if that could be classified as silk? Even if it could, unless you have a coconut palm in your backyard I doubt you would find a supply.

Edited by Candybee

• 4 weeks later...

I have some, shared by a friend who has tried it. She "thinks" is adds "something". It is in the currently running "lather lover's swap round 2" elsewhere.

I will upload the videos of the sink tests to my youtube channel along with the first round so you can see if it does anything visibly to the lather quality.

TT did you try the bamboo silk yet? Also, how much do you use PPO in CP?