Candle Science fragrance question......

LeahRB

On CS's website they have Caribbean Teakwood marked as candles only.  I checked the ifra certificate for that scent and it says it can be used in wash off products up to 9%.  I'm thinking I can use this in cp, because I only use 6%.  Is my thinking correct on this?  I'm just a little leery to try it because it says for candles only. 

Also, just because a fragrance is skin-safe doesn't mean that it will behave well in CP. Maybe this particular soap seizes, accelerates, rices, fades, etc., There could be several reasons why the supplier marks it as Candles Only. Also is the IFRA information for THAT particular FO? Or is it for any Caribbean Teakwood?

Because the formulation could be different from supplier to supplier as well, and that could be the difference. 

As Tennessee Candles Supplies suggested, I'd call to be sure. 

Thanks guys!

The IFRA certificate is off of CS's Caribbean Teakwood.  CS has an IFRA certificate for each of their fo's, which I love. 

I test all my fo's for fading and other less favorable characteristics in soap.  I'm not overly concerned if it does not work in the soap, as I still love it in melts.  My only concern really is whether it is safe for the skin.  I guess I'll send CS an email.   

I've used it before in M&P before it was relabled as "candles only". That was quite a while back. It was very weak in M&P and I could hardly smell it at 3%. Later on it became marked as for use in candles only so I never tried it again... in soap.

Now in candles its awesome!

My guess is if you want to try it in CP I would start off with 1 oz PPO and adjust from there. If you HP your soap you may get a better scent.

How recent is the IFRA certificate? The Fo could have been reformulated since the last cert was posted. Or the IFRA guidelines could have changed since the last cert.

Best to ask.

If it was not skin safe because of performance in CP then an awful lot of common retail FO's would be delisted pretty quickly.

• Like 1