Fragrance & melt & pour

8-GRAN-ONES

I am going to give a try. .for the first time. .just for fun..

Making m & p..

Is Fragrance used kind of like cp soap making?

Trial and error?

Or can you Gage the vanilla content in the fragrance. .if it will discolor the m&p?

I am going to be working with mostly clear m&p..making color embeds.

With M&P, I only use up to 3% FO max. It really takes scent well, and you don't need as much as you do in CP because it doesn't need to go through the saponification process. 

I would start with less than .5oz per pound of M&P and adjust accordingly. 

Vanilla will discolor M&P soap, just like CP. 

If I am using M&P as embeds in CP I never scent it. (I also use clear M&P) 

HTH

Edited by Jcandleattic

The discoloring culprit in M&P is vanillan content in the FO. But there is vanilla stabilizer so you can fix that. I don't think all FOS that discolor CP will always do the same in M&P

Case in point, I use Honey Patchouli and OMH FOs in CP and they discolor my CP to tan or tannish brown. But they do not discolor in my M&P. Now if I use Pink Sugar or Vanilla in M&P then it will discolor. PS can actually turn black in M&P.

I use 1 tbs FO in one lb of M&P for most FOs. For EOs I use half that. I adjust for stronger or weaker scents as needed. M&P is more forgiving than CP and I find small amounts of additives may often be measured in tsp, tbs, etc. rather than weighed out to the gram.