Rainbow sprinkles?

I got some sparkle dust at Micheal's Craft store some years back to experiment with. I sprinkled some on my Angel candles and they were so pretty with it. It didn't effect the burn at all. I know some suppliers carry the sparkle dust but don't remember who does.

Anyway I tried both; sprinkling on top, and mixing into the wax. Mixed in the wax you couldn't see it at all. Sprinkled on top gave it a very sparkly look. So I opted for top sprinkling. I got the white dust that shimmers different colors.

AH/RE for the sparkle dust stuff, but I have seen others use the sprinkle stuff for cookies on their candles. It just melted on the one I had, but I'm not an advocate for it. There are other things you can do to pretty something up.  

I'm sooooooo new to this, my mind is running 500 miles an hour with idea after idea. guess as I go I'll continue to learn & figure out what works & what doesn't. U guys have been a tremendous help!!!!

It's easy to run with it and be flooded with ideas. A suggestion -- write the ideas down. As quickly as they came, they may leave too. 

You ain't kidding!  Especially when you start to get up there in age!  I'm starting to forget everything these days!  I'm tired of going

down to the basement and then forgetting what the heck I went down there for!  1 trip down there turns into 2 everytime since I need to go back UPSTAIRS

to remember what the hell I went downstairs to get LOL!

• Like 4

Have you tried a fruit zester? You can make scented and colored blobs of your wax that will end up as small sprinkles in a short amount of time :). I use the zester tool on soap to make tiny confetti.

post-7851-0-68219900-1422277911_thumb.jp

post-7851-0-20201100-1422277919.jpg

Edited by TallTayl
  • Like 2

Have you tried a fruit zester? You can make scented and colored blobs of your wax that will end up as small sprinkles in a short amount of time :). I use the zester tool on soap to make tiny confetti.

oh that's a neat idea!!!

It's easy to run with it and be flooded with ideas. A suggestion -- write the ideas down. As quickly as they came, they may leave too. 

I'm trying to keep up with everything... I have note cards, a word document & a notebook I write things down in & still I forget LOL

I really am reluctant to place anything in or around a candle that might be flammable. My candles come with a very short cut on the wick and rarely contain embeds on the surface. Its the customer I don't trust KWIM? They don't understand candle mechanics or safety, so you never know what cockamamie idea someone will use on your products, lol. I use glitter on some of my candles and it doesn't cause wick problems, in fact it looks kinda neat pooled in the wax and glittering in the flame light. Aroma Haven/RE offers a glitter you paint on the outside of the jar too (I think). Its just that wax will not suspend anything, stuff just falls to the bottom and its another expense IMHO. Votives are another route to go if you want to have different looks on containers. The market isn't too strong but its a good way to get acquainted with the business. I got a kit from Canjun candles for a small amount of cash and it mushroomed from there. HTH

Steve