Is it too soon to discuss SPRING?

Guest OldGlory

Guest OldGlory

In the next 45 days I will start having discussions with one of my clients about spring and summer scents, and the exhausting efforts to get samples to them, give them time to try them, and say yay or nay. This is not my favorite task, lol.

This client has frequent buyer turnover, so there is no continuity between the staff that left and the new staff. They have tried most of my really good fragrances over the last 10 years. This newest buyer has a pull toward trendy, and she works for a company that prizes traditional. She won't last, lol. But, in the here and now I need to present her with both traditional and trendy fragrances.

I want to give her a lot of choices initially and let her cull them. After the first weeding, I will start pouring samples. So, I would like to ask you all what your best spring summer FOs are and which company they are from. If you could include the wax(es) you have used these fragrances in my job will be a lot easier! Thanks in advance!

My list already includes:

Strawberry Jam from BCN, traditional

Honeysuckle from BCN, traditional

Lilac from Azt, traditional

Rain from Azt, traditional

Cucumber melon from Azt, traditional

Badedas from AH/RE, trendy

Juicy from BCN, trendy (we would rename it)

Ed Hardy from BCN, trendy (we would also rename this)

Old glory- my suggestions that sell very well around here are:

-50/50 CS day at the spa and fresh rain- I would consider this trendy and it's very fresh -415-464

-lavender sage FB 415- people can't get enough of this

-lilac JS- traditional 415-464

-lavender CS- traditional 415-464

-hotel costes SC- trendy and very popular- 415

-champaca and bamboo SC- 415 and clarus 3022

-vanilla bean Noel WSP- traditional 415

-I will have to look up the ratio but CS red Mac apple- BCN hayride and SC fresh grass is an amazing combo

-daffodil FC is very nice- I just tested this one in 415 and will be adding it

-hyacinth BCN - 415

-pink sugar JS- 415

-sugar cookie royale FB- 415

-juniper aloe -elements - 415

-downpour- elements - 415

-sea witch- FB- 415

-cherry lemonade- MC- 415

-arctic air- MC- 415

-lavender rosemary and sage FC - 415

Sensuous black rose- elements- 415

-red currant votivo type- SC- 415

• Like 1

I sell lavender year round. Anything with lavender always sells. Lilac is another.

Spring for me is more about the florals:

Lavender (CS), or Lavender, Rosemary, Sage (FMC)

Clean Cotton (CS)

Daffodils (FMC)

Tuberose Jasmine (FMC)

Vanilla Lace (CS)

Grapefruit & Jasmine (custom blend of EBB's Sea Island Grapefruit & Demure Jasmine Petals with a touch of my fav vanilla

Black Raspberry Vanilla (CS or Peaks)

Hydrangea (CS)

Rain or Rain Drops? (CS)

Summer is more about the fruit, cool breezes, and beachy scents:

Strawberry Shortcake (CS)

Mango Papaya (Peaks)

Honeysuckle Jasmine (CS); or a blend of CS Honeysuckle Jasmine and Red Rose = Honeysuckle Rose

Ocean (Peaks) - I like to add 25% Peaks Freezia to it for a floral blend

Beach Linen (CS)

Coconut Lime (CS)

Hawaiian Breeze (CS)

Sex on the Beach (CS)

Watermelon (CS)

Juniper Aloe (EBB)

Edited by Candybee

Old Glory think it is Candle Science because I have Beach Linen and it's a great scent, throws great in my paraffin and I love it.  It is different than any linen scent I have ever smelled.  You may need to wick up on it though.

• Like 1

Thanks moonshine :) I will have to have another look thru SC, and a first look at Elements.

I love elements oils- they are so unique and work so well in soy- I believe they are all skin safe also for soapers because I remeber being worried they wouldn't do good in wax

Rocky Mountain Christmas is one of my favorites and their Manuka lavender is really good and would be a good fit for a trendy lavender

• Like 1

Yes the CS is for Candle Science.

I second EBBs Manuka Lavender. Its a great high end spa scent along with their Juniper Aloe.

You know no one has suggested a patchouli and its making a strong comeback. I sell a buttload of anything patchouli.

MW (now PFO) and C&S have the best Witches Brew.

EBB has a beautiful Honey Patchouli

I can't remember who has the Raspberry Patchouli but its another good one.

Orange patchouli is also a fabulous combo. Not sure who carries this combo.

Other great combos are Patchouli Sandalwood and Patchouli Amber.

Along with patchouli a good wood type fragrance is always a must. Sandalwood fits the bill and FMC has that beautiful Cedar Garland. I sell a lot of that year round. I just rename it Cedar & Sandalwood during the off season.

Edited by Candybee

Guest OldGlory

I love patchouli straight up, but so many people do not. Chandler gave me a sample of Lebermuth's Patchouli and I was happily shocked at how good it is. More shocked at how expensive it is. I can buy pure essential for the cost of their fragrance oil.

Thanks gals!

I will be doing a ton of blending of florals, fruity types and spa-like water scents. 

I love springtime scents and they usually sell year round, but I always like "freshening" things up, so I will do "Limited Editions" and blend. I love love love blending. It's so much fun. :) 

I sell what I consider spring scents all year as well.  My best sellers are:

Sweet Pea

True Lavender

French Market

Watermelon (which gags me!)

Bamboo & Sugarcane

Lebermuth's fos are expensive, but they are soooo worth it IMO.  Absolutely love the Bay Rum in soap for men and the Patchouli is one I can tollerate

way more than other suppliers.

• Like 1

I love their fragrance report! Many good ideas to go off of this spring....never ordered lebermuth.....is this a mass quantity supplier?

Well I guess I can go peak myself and see what trouble I can get into- I am starting a country collection now that my western and Michigan collection are complete and the samples I have here will probably never get tested so I may as well add to the collection! Loll

Lebermuth is the company suppliers would order their FOs from. You used to have to buy in large bulk quantities. I like that they are now selling in 1 lb bottles so I can try some of their oils. You may have been using some of their oils in the past and did not know they came from Lebermuth. I think MW's Patchouli was one of them?

Anyway, I like their reports too. If you look on their site they also have some past reports you can read for more ideas. I really like their descriptions of colors, packaging, and scent notes they add to the report.

I think the one I like best is the Fallen Angels. You know what would also fit in that description? Thierry Mugler's Angel is making a comeback and its perfect. I always color my Angel candles in a pale mauve. Now I am thinking of an ice blue.

There's certainly a minimum you have to order here, but I'll tell ya that I've not been disappointed in what we carry from them or how those fragrances come bottled (except for opening the damn things lol!) 

I'm itching to buy here again ... but ... must run out of stuff...must run out of stuff... must run out of stuff. 

• Like 2

Maybe, but there are some on their list regularly offered that I am itching to try. Most of the oils in my Muskrat Love mix come from here and since we'll be putting that forward more next year, I can see us placing an order soon ... soon ... soon. Man I hate that echo ha! We do use their wisteria lilac (maybe it's lilac wisteria) and I'm pretty sure once I down our last bottle that I'll be told to order and then he'll get all cautious, BUT ... we'll be debuting some products and that means more scent and more scent makes Scented happy lol.

Edited by Scented

I loved the jasmine frangipani (warning it's heavy) from them too and I have a list of others to try (naturally lol) ... Cherry Sandalwood Vanilla was nice and they have a Black Amber there that's swoon worthy OOB (go figure, I bought a pound and sit around and sniff it :P

I didn't see their new ones added to the general list at least for candles. 

Edited by Scented