Goats Milk Lotion base

CareBear

WSP has a nice goat milk and honey lotion with shea in it. Its the best lotion base I have tried in a goat milk. I like a lot of their bases they are good quality. I know some people don't like ordering from them because of their high prices. I found that ordering the lotion in bulk is about the same as ordering lotion from a couple other suppliers.

I've always wanted to order the coconut milk and honey base from Rain Shadow Labs. Don't remember if they have a goats milk lotion. But the descriptions of their bases sound wonderful. Unfortunately I am on the east coast and they are on the west so shipping is huge.

Ha!  Apparently I ordered that last time I got something.

I have issues with their business model, but now that they've stopped apparently randomly changing things and it seems better.

Anyway I haven't opened it yet so will check it out tonight.  How THICK is it?  Lotion or cream?

I now remember being very annoyed it came in a tub and not a pumpable bottle so I set it aside.

Thank you!

Edited by CareBear

Last time I ordered I got the gallon containers. I do find the lids annoying and difficult to open but I do love their lotion! It is lotion and not a cream. I like its consistency. It has that lovely thickness of a high end product. Its not thin and watery like cheap lotions. Another thing I love about it is it really moisturizes and even after I wash my hands there is enough residue on I can rub my hands dry and they are still moisturized without drying out. Hope that makes sense.

Aquatech is supposed to have some good quality lotion and bases too. Haven't tried them. I hear their hemp lotion base is very nice. Don't think they carry a goat milk thou.

I love the Aquatech hemp lotion - you are right, though, that they don't have a goatsmilk one.

I opened the WSP one - it's thick but too.... white.  Just too stark white.  Which makes it look so "artificial" to me.

I like the Aquatech because it's a very slight greeninsh tint so I don't feel I need to color it.  It has a much thinner consistency.

OK some thinking to do - do I have time and $$$  to order from Aquatech?

You should try the WSP goat  milk lotion before you judge it based on its color or 'whiteness'. I really like it and so do my customers. I will continue to use it until the day I start making my own. Also, it is very easy to color and fragrance. If you don't like the whiteness add a drop or two of yellow or brown to make a cream color.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried the WSP shea butter and aloe lotion, or the satin and silk lotion? I really don't want to order the entire sampler kit, I really like the description and feedback on the shea butter, but I have heard such good comments on the goat milk..... any suggestions?