Rustic pillars with picture :)

Oceangazer1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are absolutely Beautiful!- I would love to try them one day but I am afraid of the wicking on pillars!

For me wicking pillars (my paraffin pillars - not Palm LOL) was a lot easier than trying to wick a container. 

You can do it! Pillars are FUN! :) 

• Like 1

How do you even begin....the tilted colors and making it not look like a blob....I have a couple small pillar molds - I never used Palm but I have 4625 and PB I could experiment with but the PB will probably frost like crazy dyed

Here is a tutorial on tilted rustic pillars. It's done by a member here (although I haven't seen her in a really long time) and she makes GORGEOUS rustic tilted layer candles. 

In this size candle, and the 4625 (which I do use on occasion) I would start with a 24ply braided wick. 

Also, you don't have to use wick pins. You can wick your mold, and apply the same technique that is shown in the tutorial. 

http://www.craftserver.com/page/articles.html/_/tutorials/pillars/tilted-layered-rustics-r86

Thanks JC!!

I think I will order up those wicks and give it a try.....my Partylite pillars in the living room are looking pretty rough- it would be great create my own to replace them and if they don't burn good well they will look nice sitting there....hopefully! Lol