Still more bashing - as if we haven't heard enough

grama

If she has a Facebook post questions about her claims with facts backing up your questions

I did this with a lady- the whole journey- and I believe chandlerwicks did also.....she removed the post and she keeps popping up my Facebook and never again have I seen any claims on toxic paraffin.....

• Like 1

Could you explain to me exactly how your candles could be healthier and more environmentally friendly than any other candle? Combustion is combustion and I am not understanding your claim...educate me please before I decide to purchase

This is what I posted where they had a post about not giving up until Americans realize how much more environmentally friendly their candles are and we will see if they answer.....

I didn't bash them but this infuriates me and chandlers need to question these people relentlessly-it may not stop them but it could out a question into the people buying into this crap

• Like 3

Guest OldGlory

3 cheers for your decision to challenge the BS moonshine! Please let us know if you get a response.

I also challenged 2 websites yesterday thru email to provide me with a source of their information claiming the toxicity of paraffin and superiority of soy. In the process I found a few websites that actually had it right. Looks like this is a really big deal right now. Who knew?

Check out CandlesEtcetera website.

I get so tired of the claim soy candles don't soot. I am always getting asked by customers if my candles are the kind that don't soot... or if they you can rub the wax on their skin like lotion. Every opportunity I try to educate my customers but it often feels like a losing battle. There is just way too much misinformation being passed on.

• Like 1

But remember girls, they have their own oils special made with soy oil!  They also have a 7 step pouring process that they do thus making their candles hold more & stronger scent.

So we have fragrances developed specifically for our Unique Soy Wax Formulation in a carrier of soy bean oil.
Edited by grama
  • Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I was not being sarcastic re: Candlesetcetera. I was applauding their presentation of the soy v paraffin debate.

That was not a comment on the candles that kill bacteria in the air - koff.

Guest OldGlory

I actually got a response from Jeff at PureIntegrity this morning. He further claims that the EPA and NCA receive funding from organizations which encourages them to give biased information. And he stands by all of his claims, AND has asked me to contact him after the holidays so he can prove it to me. I can go toe to toe with this guy. I'll let you all know of further conversations.

I take that back.....I just checked again

This is what he wrote

Thank you very much for inquiring about Pure Integrity Soy Candles. We are truly grateful you took the time to contact us. Once you burn one of our amazing candles you will never want to go back to another brand.

That is a great question and I wish more people were concerned about how products are made. As you know, most soy candles are not even soy. Most soy candles use a little bit of soy wax and blended with paraffin wax (which is made from petroleum oil). Yet, they can legally call it soy wax. We use 100% natural soy wax, which is made by adding hydrogen to soybean oil, in order to make it solid.

I would like to go one step further in discussing the health benefits of Pure Integrity Candles. We have taken many steps to providing the healthiest and best scented candle on the market today!

Most of our fragrances are made with natural essential oils, essences and/or extracts. However, most of these natural ingredients are not stable in their natural state when burning. Some of them are very flammable; some are unstable and are altered when exposed to heat; some will burn off and therefore throw little to no scent; and only a few of these natural ingredients remain in their natural state to allow them to be effective for aromatherapy.

Therefore, we have developed a technology to alter them and make them more stable when burning. In this process we have altered the structure of the organic compound in order to form double bonds which are more stable. To accomplish this we use a variety of natural and synthetic compounds and a variety of techniques. Because of this we consider our fragrances synthetic and not effective for aromatherapy.

If you are looking for a great scented candle that is healthier, then look no further. Our Innovative Fragrance Technology allows us to use more fragrance than any other candle we know on the market today. In addition, our candles 100% vegan (no animal products and no animal testing). All our candles are created to be phthalate free and exceed the most stringent environmental standards, including California Proposition 65.

Sorry about the long-winded answer; I hope this was helpful.

Then I had a guy asking me.....combustion? What are you talking about.....