goat's milk melt and pour sopa

marty

I need some advice on my soaps. I made a soap on a rope and  I gave one to my sister and she said it made a whole bunch of scum in the bathtub.  I use Brambleberry's goat's milk melt and pour soap, i tsp of cator oil per lb. for bubbles, 1 tsp per lb steric acid and 1 tsp per pound vanilla stablizer.  I use this for my oatmeal, milk and honey fragrance so the soap doesn't turn yeloow.   Any suggestions?  Thanks, Mary.

Probably the castor oil.  I made a egg and oil hair treatment and I usually only use olive and coconut oil with an egg and some honey.  Well, silly me....not thinking.....I added just a little castor oil and WOW, when I shampooed my hair to wash out the egg/oil and then went back the tub was COATED with slick crap.  I had only used a little, about 1 1/2 teaspoon of castor and it coated my entire bathtub.

I have made that same mix on several different occasions without the castor and it never left my tub slick like that.