So very pleased with my new FO's from Cierra Candles

GailC

I thought I would be content with the suppliers I've used these past few years, but in 2014 I have added Aztec Candles and now Cierra Candles.

For one thing, the customer service at Cierra is awesome!  I emailed her to ask if she knew if Midnight Jasmine was close to YC's Midnight Jasmine because I had a special request for it.  Kimberly actually drove to a Yankee Candle store to compare the two.  Although the store didn't carry that fragrance, I thought that was above and beyond customer service.  She did give me some information about the scent they carried, how it was a popular fragrance for her customers who liked florals.

For another thing, I ordered in the middle of the day sometime, and my order was shipped that same day. Free shipping too, with  $100 order.

Here are the fragrances I got.

Midnight Jasmine - I don't usually care for florals but this one I like.  I'm not good at describing scents, I just know when I like them.  Very nice.

Twilight Woods (BBW type) - I did a survey on Facebook before I ordered, asked my fb friends which ones they liked from Cierra's designer fragrances, and this one won.  Once I smelled it, I could see why.  It smells wonderful!

Home Sweet Home (YC type) - My kind of FO....love it.

Autumn Lodge (Yc type) - This one has a smokey smell, which I've never used before, so I'm anxious to see how it smells burning.  

"A nostalgic blend of country woods and spices, a warm cozy fireplace, and Grandpa's pipe. This fragrance always reminds us of smoky flannel, wrapped in warmth."

Sea Island Cotton (BBW) - This one smells the lightest OOB to me.  But it is a clean, nice fragrance

Butterscotch Brulee - Yum!! Buttery, butterscotchy...kind of like a Butter Rum Lifesavers tastes.  

Blueberry Cobbler - One of their best sellers, and I can see why.  Two great reviews on the site.

Lily of the Valley - I was intrigued by this fragrance.  Not many suppliers carry it that I have seen, so I got a one oz sample.  It does smell like the flower to me, and I'm sure it will smell nice in soap.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Autumn Lodge is interesting.  I didn't think I was going to like it at all when I poured the candles, but it didn't smell bad when burning.  My daughter loves it.  You can definitely smell the tobacco.  Kind of a cozy smell, and different,  but there are many more I like better.

But to each, her own.  A new customer asked me today if I carried Patchouli, Sandlewood, or Nap Champa...no, no, and no.  :)  Or rose......NO!  I love real roses' smell, but nothing else that smells like roses.  

A friend of mine mentioned sandlewood, and I recently saw a sandlewood candle at a shop so I sniffed it.   Ewwwww.  But see, that's just me.  

• Like 1

Can I just say WOW?!?!?! I've been in this business for 8 years.  I've ordered from a lot of companies that were just duds all the way around.  I ordered 47 samples from Cierra.  I received them today.  I dove into the box like a kid at Christmas....did my initial first reaction sniff with all of them.  On my OOB test, I was pleased with more than half of them!  I can certainly see this supplier getting my business!!!

In case this is helpful to anyone, here are my OOB reviews: 

Buttermint - smells just like the real thing.  Not a huge powerhouse, but buttermint candies aren't a huge scent in real life.

Sandalwood - can barely detect a smell at all - all I can pick up on are light floral notes.

Pumpkin Marshmallow - not a scent I personally care for, but it's strong.  Smells just like the one at JS....maybe stronger though.

The Nursery - reminds me so much of the baby lotion from Johnson & Johnson - smells really good!

Coffee Bean - very very very light

Chocolate Amber - Love!  I'm currently using the one from NG -- consider switching, as this one may prove to actually have throw in wax.  We'll see when testing!

Pumpkin Cornbread - very strong!  If you like the one from BW then you'll like this one.

Amber Romance - Bert was the only supplier to have a good dupe of this oil.  This one doesn't smell like the real AR.

Cashmere Bliss - a little too floral for my cashmere taste.  Not bad, but not strong.

White Sage - it is green, it is herbal, but it isn't sage --- pretty light for wax, but may make a nice soap

Lemon Juniper -- I really love this one!  It's fruity and earthy.  My lemon folks will approve of this one.

Tomato Leaf -- yes.  just yes :)

Carnation - not sure what I was expecting, but I certainly wasn't expecting clove to be there.  This one will have to go into wax to see if the floral notes come out.  Weird.

Caffe Mocha - not as strong as Bert's Mocha Cappuccino, but it's okay.  I think there are probably better ones out there.

Lily of the Valley - this one is almost as nice as Bert's was.  Very nice!

Iced Cypress -- reminds me of Sugared Spruce.  Would be a nice substitute if someone needed one :)

Cedar & Spice -- I want to get this one in wax before I judge, but I think it has potential.

Coconut Lime - a classic combo I'll never tire of.  Good and strong!

White Sands - it is sun & sand meets beach daisies meets some clean water scent.  I'm a fan!

Autumn Lodge - heavy on the tobacco notes.  I love this!!!!

Patchouli Spice - my only complaint is that I wish it were skin safe.  I'm a fan.

Cedarwood - almost passed on this one, but glad I didn't.  It smells just like cedar shavings and actually has oomph in the scent where most are weak.

Cranberry Cypress - I'm a huge fan of cranberry, and this one does not disappoint.  Very nice blend!

Honeysuckle Pear - need to get this one in wax as the pear seems to dominate a little too much OOB.  I like it though.

Pineapple Ginger - not as spicy as I would have thought, but I adore it all the same.  

Patchouli - no one can compare to MW's version in my opinion, but this one would make a nice blender.

Harvest Pumpkin - super strong!  I will certainly be adding this one....

Marshmallow Candy - not much of a scent OOB so I won't be putting in wax -- very very light.  Not even sure if it smells like the name it's so light. Oh well.

Citrus Splash - holy mother of citrus!  This is amazingly strong....hope it throws well in wax!

Fall Harvest -- kinda has that amish harvest thing going on, so it's not that it's bad....it's just not different enough for me to pursue this one.

Cappuccino Brulee - not a fan.  Weak.

Red Walnut & Ginger - this one has potential.  It's bakery sweet yet nutty yet spicy.

Black Amber & Lavender - I'm a huge fan, especially considering I can no longer get Lavender Amber from JS.  I just found my replacement! :)

Claire Burke Original - smells just like the one from JS.....and it's cheaper!

Fresh Cut Grass -- definitely green, definitely fresh, but still not the one for me -- more bamboo than grass to me

Twilight Orchids - won't be strong enough for candles, but who cares? This scent is gorgeous!  Can't wait to make a lotion in this :)

Woodstock '69 -- yes, yes, and yes!  I love the earthy scents :)

Cinnamon French Toast - just smells like every other cinnamon bakery scent out there

Sea Mist & Lavender - gonna have to play with this one.  It's clean, but I don't detect much lavender OOB -- too light for wax, I think.

Frankincense & Myrrh - I still like the one from CS better, but this one could easily be renamed as something else.  very nice!

Fresh Herbs - need to get this one in wax.  I think I'll be a fan of those herbal notes come to life.  Great potential.

Strawberry Kiwi - I like the one from Peak better, but this one is nice too (more berry than kiwi though)

Midnight Jasmine -- finally a jasmine that doesn't smell like urine.  Not sure if it's an exact dupe, but it's great regardless!

Pineapple Cilantro - the cilantro isn't heavy, but it's there.  I really like this one!

Bergamot Rosewood - probably not strong enough for wax, but an interesting combo.  I like rosewood and you can smell the citrus top note.  May do well in b&b!

Fireside Serenity - mixed on this one...need to put in wax.  OOB I smell sweet bakery notes (marshmallow maybe)....not sure I detect much "fireside" notes.

Oxford - not sure if it's an exact scentsy dupe or not, but I'm a fan.  It has the earthy vibe I love.  Hoping it gets stronger in wax.

So, overall, there were 22 fragrances I would order based on OOB scent alone.  Several others are maybe scents, followed by only a few duds.  The rest were great scents, but not what I was looking for.

Hope this is helpful :)

• Like 2

Thanks for the reviews GailC and number2of 7,  your descriptions are great.  I've ordered from Cierra sometime ago, I do remember great customer service, think I'll have to put in an order :lol:  

Edited by 7 Pawz

• 1 year later...