Candlewarmers screwed me again!

Dana

Ok, so I ordered 12 Illumination Snowflake warmers back about 2 weeks ago. Gave them a cc number and asked them to ship on the 5th. I have ordered over $1000 again this month so I am a pretty good customer (I thought). I get an email on Monday saying my cc was declined. I know that can't be #1 I have a huge limit, and #2 I just called my cc company and $0 balance and in perfect standing. Also, I wondered why they were just now charging my order to the cc card when it was supposed to be charged when I placed the order. Anyway, in the email it said they were getting my order ready to ship when they realized the cc wouldn't go thru. So as of then "THEY WERE GETTING MY ORDER READY TO SHIP". So, I would ASSUME they had the items at that point. So I call them about the cc and she tells me they used a Discover #. Well I don't HAVE a discover and I tell them that and she says well, we have ZERO Snowflake warmers in stock. I am like What? You are kidding me! I placed the order 2 weeks ago and they were in stock, I paid for them. She said some big company came in and bought all of them and so they don't have a single one in stock! REALLY? I just can't believe they can't put prepaid orders in a separate area so that they don't get sold! I just don't understand the email, and I really don't get why they sold my order to someone else! Long story short....I need at least EIGHT more Illumination warmers by the 17th. These are already sold and paid for by my customers. Do any of you know where I can get that many at WHOLESALE?

Yep, I had them ship the rest of my order (because I had to in order to fill my orders) and that's it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! I found some at Aztec to get me by. Cost was more, but it saved MY customers....WHICH ARE IMPORTANT TO ME! Unlike Candlewarmers....

Guest OldGlory

Yes, shame on them. They got too big for their britches.

Is there a Better Business Bureau for companies online? I would find a consumer complaint organization and report that so other consumers can be aware of their deceptive business practices. Be very clear in your description, stick to the facts, and get the word out. That's not just a 'whoops' we made a mistake!

Guest OldGlory

If I could go just one step further - here's an example of how that should have been handled.

About a month ago I ordered a 2 lb bottle of Xmas Tree FO from Aztec. When I went to pick up the $500+ order, Terri apologized and said they were out of Xmas Tree, but they were expecting an order in 2 days. In the past, if they were out of something I ordered, they would offer to ship it to me at their cost. So I told Terri to just hold on to the FO and I would pick it up next time I was there because I didn't actually need it right now. She said fine.

Before I needed more supplies I got a call from Sheila, asking me if I knew I had a 2 lb bottle of FO there. I said yes, that it was already paid for. Sheila said she knew that I had paid for it but wondered if I would let it go to a very large company that needed it. I said no, that I needed it and would be placing another order soon and would pick up the Xmas Tree FO and other supplies then.

That was the end of the story. I am a small mfg and they did NOT put the big company ahead of me. They probably could have sold that bottle and replaced it before I went back to pick up the next order, but they let me make the decision. And I wasn't made to feel bad about it - after all, it was already paid for.

There's just no gray area - either the company you are dealing with treats you fairly or they don't.

Totally agree! Aztec handled that situation perfectly. The "big companies" may order one extremely large order, but us little guys come back again and again (if they do business right). I got an email yesterday from candlewarmers and she said they had a meeting about how to handle/change this problem. As of right now there is no way to have prepaid orders held. In my mind what is the use of placing an order if they can't ship you everything at once. You know shipping is really high from candlewarmers so I wanted everything shipped together to save on the shipping. Especially since I didn't need it for a couple weeks. I just wanted to make sure I got my order in before they sold out of certain things. It was in stock at the time I ordered. I am beginning to wonder if they sold the rest of my order (or parts of) because they are still giving me the run around depending on who I talk to. I am so worked up about this. I have to have that product here by next Friday. They are going to have to ship TODAY if it is to get here on time. They are a few hours behind us so I am calling them again once they open. Wish me luck!

I haven't ordered from them in a long time but I've been wanting to order again.  I really like their warmers but ordering from them can be a pain because they don't show what the shipping charges are going to be. 

I do not like how this was handled!   I usually give a company the benefit of the doubt when I see others posting bad reviews but that is insane.  I'm going to have to look for another supplier I guess.

Money is money.  As a business owner, bigger orders are obviously exciting to have but it's all the small orders that add up. If those companies lost all of us "little" guys, they would definitely feel it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here is what happened next! After talking with Candlewarmers extensively about how poorly this was handled I had them go ahead and ship the rest of my large order since they "sold out" of the Illumination Snowflake that I ordered several weeks prior. I get the shipment in and notice 30 of the owl plug ins are missing. It's on the invoice that they should be there. I called to see where it was in transit because now at this point I only had 2 days before customers were to pick these up. Guess what? They were OUT OF STOCK and just sent me the rest of my order anyway! They never told me they were OOS when I talked to them the week earlier about how unprofessional they handled the situation about the snowflake warmers! So now, I had 2 days to find 30 owl plug ins! UNBELIEVEABLE! They very strange thing is I went back to Aztec (where I found the Snowflake warmers) and placed another order from them for the 30 owls. Ok, so I am mad because if I had known Candlewarmers was out I could have saved $$ on shipping by combining all the warmers from Aztec....but besides that, Why does Aztec have so many warmers in stock???? There was no problem ordering that kind of quantity from Aztec, but the mother company is now SOLD OUT of at least 2 types of warmers (that I know of) and Aztec had so many in stock they didn't flinch when I asked if they had enough to fill my order...something is going on between these two companies. Does anyone know the connection?

Guest OldGlory

There's no connection, lol. Aztec is just well stocked. I've been doing business with them for pretty close to 10 years and they have been out of stock on something I needed less than 5 times - and when they were out of stock they would have the supplies back in within a few days.

Aztec must be a pretty huge facility then. I never knew they were that large. They sure are on top of things and I am impressed. Even though I had to pay more it was such a smooth and seamless transaction. Just have to wonder if Aztec's order "trumped" mine. Anyway, they must send a truck to get their orders from candlewarmers because they don't have that much of a profit margin if they pay shipping charges. I pay about $1.50 per warmer and Aztec's price is about $3 higher than Candlewarmers so they would only be making $1.50 each.

Guest OldGlory

They're not really huge but they have things stacked to the rafters. They get new shipments all the time - and I know they supply some rather large candle businesses which means a fast turnover.

I have often felt they were awfully low on some things. There are items that I know for sure they are making less than 50% on. And their FOs are priced so well - I usually buy a 2 lb bottle of the ones I need, get a free oz of something, so that's 33 oz for $28 or $29. Who else sells FOs for 85 cents an oz? I've bought FOs from most of the other suppliers and I'd put Aztec FOs up against anyone's - except maybe Sweetcakes.

What can I say? I'm just a big fan of theirs.

I received my order last Friday with everything there- thankfully- I was concerned hearing these stories and I am not sure I want to continue ordering from them

Please don't tell me your order contained Snowflake Illumination warmers and/or Owl Plug Ins....??

• 1 month later...

Dana, you said "I pay about $1.50 per warmer and Aztec's price is about $3 higher than Candlewarmers..."  I was wondering what warmers you get for $1.50?  I've been ordering from CandleWarmers for years and have never seen any at that price--is it a quantity break because it sounds like you order a lot more than I do?