Fire Starters and Melts I make

Trappeur

Here are a few pictures of what my fire starters look like and melts I make...

Here you go Dave.....lol  ......You wanted some pictures.....well here they are.

Thanks for looking everyone.

CIMG7386.jpg

CIMG7817.jpg

CIMG8379.jpg

CIMG8465.jpg

CIMG7632.jpg

kittens playing around.....lol

Thisissocute.jpg

Melts I make out of ice cube trays

CIMG8275.jpg

I sold them in sets of 2.  I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on them.

CIMG8284.jpg

This is Bonnie who stole a rawhide bone out of someones booth in an antique mall I was in...I never did find out where she got it form but gave the girl at the register some money for it.....lol

CIMG8535.jpg

MOre melts

Copyofmuffinmelts.jpg

CIMG9777-1.jpg

CIMG9658.jpg

CIMG9388.jpg

Work in progress for fire starters

CIMG9815.jpg

Melts in jar

CIMG6927.jpg

At a show

CIMG6982.jpg

Trappeur - thanks for looking.....

M

• Like 5

Guest OldGlory

Wow, I just love looking at your pictures - so beautifully staged and your products are totally unique. I especially love the picture of your pets, lol. Bonnie is a pup after my own heart stealing that treat and looking so proud.

Are all of your melts 464?

Thankyou Suzy, Ktggard and Old Glory....

Suzy, I sell tons and tons of the fire starters starting right now to shops...they are such a cheap little thing to make with all free and left over wax and things. The best part I like doing is hitting the woods with my horse and dog Bonnie trapsing around picking up all the stuff to go into each fire starter. I sell them for 1.25 wholesale to stores and they VERY EASILY SELL THEM FOR 2.50 TO 3.00 EACH. And mine I make big too. If I had my choice of things to make all the time to sell wholesale, it would be these little things. Tourists love them and just about everyone loves them and they buy them in 4's or more and they make cheap little gifts that everyone can afford to buy.

Actually Old Glory, these are all done in C3 but the 464 works just as well...I've never had a problem selling them in either of these waxes but I've been thinking lately that I would like to try to add a harder wax into one of these waxes just to make them more harder..you know what I mean? In fact I was just thinking the other day of going to a few churches to see what they did with their left over waxes from all the candles they burn to see if I could have their wax....Just got to get up the nerve to go and ask them...lol

Trappeur

Guest OldGlory

Someone gave me some church candles (she works in an actual candle factory) and she always brings me something when she visits. If I can find them - if I haven't given them away already, they are yours and I will give them to you soon.

I don't think 464 will shine like the C3. I really like the shine/finish of those little shaped melts. So totally a Trappeur's Lodge product! I may have to try straight 4625 for shaped melts.

Really lovely work, Trappeur.

This looks AWESOME!!!  I am saying that and I have no idea what a fire starter is?????  How do you make the 2 colors on the melts from the ice trays???  I haven't tried to do multiple colors yet but yours look awesome!!!!!

Thank you Jc, but it's really not that hard....I don't have any fancy camera, not even a dsl (boy I wished I did).  I've been using my 10 year old 7.2 mega pixel casio exilm camera.  At the time when I bought it I paid over 450.00 for it and now you can buy one for 50.00 on Ebay.  I even way back at the time upgraded the same camera to the 10.1 pixel but the clarity of the 7.2 pixel is just so much better.  One day I will get a real nice camera.   I never learned about using the white box tent effect for pictures.  I guess I should.  All I really do is just piddle with the presentations to try and get the best look for me.  You would laugh if you saw how I do my pictures.  For every picture I put up, I bet I have 20 takes on each and every picture and then pickout the best picture out of the 20 give or take pictures till I like what I see.  I'm so critical of myself it's just disgusting!   I may put in 1 prop and take a picture 10 different ways and not like it but to then move the prop a 1/2" to the left or even remove that same prop I just put in.....(Disgusting I know). lol  But that's just me.  But I have fun.....If ya can't enjoy doing something why bother?

Trappeur 

I have a dSLR, and have no clue how to use it. LOL 

I have tried fiddling around with it, tried reading dSLR's for dummies, tried just about everything - still just cannot grasp how to get it to work. So irritating. 

There is a local camera shop that offers classes that I am seriously thinking about taking just to understand how to use the dang thing. They are expensive though and the soonest I'd be able to get into one is January.

I can basically turn it on and off and take crappy pictures with it. That's about it. LOL 

*shudder* You sound just like me on my computer.  Turning on and off and self teaching myself.....It's the pits.  Now I can't even get on yahoo to check my mail.  It's something to do with my settings I know.  I've been on the 800 number with yahoo for 2 hours now and keep getting bounced off.  I need someone to walk me through.....I'm so mad I could spit!

Trappeur

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures! I love all your goodies and they way you present them is very festive and inviting. I can see why you sell a lot of firestarters. They are simply awesome!

Your kittens are adorable and so is your pooch! I bet she didn't steal the bone at all. My guess is someone gave it to her because she is so cute!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Thankyou Puma, Candybee and Dave,

I just love little kitties....And your right......I squeeze them all the time.....All 18 of them! lol....Yep you read that rigjht...lol

I'll keep in touch Dave....you too, ok?  Miss ya.  and all your piggy jokes!.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Thankyou Puma, Candybee and Dave,

I just love little kitties....And your right......I squeeze them all the time.....All 18 of them! lol....Yep you read that rigjht...lol

I'll keep in touch Dave....you too, ok?  Miss ya.  and all your piggy jokes!.

Trappeur

LOL! "Piggy Jokes"

I'll bet someone will wonder what that's about! I miss those days. It really was fun.

Call me anytime after Tuesday. "Ethel" will gone for a week. She will be leaving early that morning, but I want to catch all of the old war movies they'll be showing on the tube. It's Veteran's Day!

Semper-Fi! and Hoo-Rah!

"Fred"

just beautiful!  Love all of your pictures (esp love your dog- what a sweetie, even with snitching a treat!)-you make such wonderful products!  What an inspiration!  I've just been making firestarters with my leftover wax- they are fun to make- I love all of the fun things you put in- so artistic!

Thanks for sharing

Thankyou everyone for all the positive feedback. Bonnie, my dog sure is a sweetie. We go everywhere together and she even goes to work with me. God forbid if my little red truck ever gets out of her sight. I got her I believe it was 8 years ago. Someone dumped her off somewhere and she wound up at my friends house shivering under her car. My girlfriend called me one day to come see this beautiful little dog that was in her yard. I had recently lost my 2 golden retrievers to old age and I told her, no more dogs but against my will I did go out to her house as she asked me to see this dog and long story short, being the animal lover I am, came back home with a dog Bonnie who I named after my friend, Bonnie. I immediately took her to the vet to be spayed and the vet said she already was, so the next week I went to Fla. and Bonnie was swimming in their pool for the week I was there, and when I came home, 2 weeks later she gave birth to 10 puppies! Omg....was that an ordeal with 10 puppies, but all puppies were adopted, thank God.

Trappeur