Question about craft shows

Belinda

When you're preparing for a craft show, how do you decide which and how many fragrances to take? Do you choose a specific number of different fragrances to pour and the number of each fragrance? For instance, do you decide you'll take 20 or 30 different fragrances and take 10 of each? Also, if you have random things poured laying around that you haven't sold, do you take those as well?

I'm just curious how everyone gets ready to do a show. I haven't done one since last year, but I sent quite a few clams and warmers with some friends who are doing a show today, but I thought I might try to get one in before Christmas.

Thank you for any advice and input!

We decide to take everything we have and if we're familiar with that show and how it typically goes we'll really load up on xyz fragrances, include some new ones etc. But we take everything because not even the town next door has the same results of the town we sell in and someone always asks for spring scents in the fall and fall scents in the spring. 

• Like 1

I take as much as I can. I have 4 shows in the next month and a half.  One is a really big all weekend show. I did it last year and it was really good even though we had a ton of snow (we never get snow).

For instance, I plan to make about 600 wax melts and usually make 20 of each scent. Sometimes more if I know it's really popular scent. In the past I've done 25 of fragrances that sell well and 15 of ones that usually don't.  But each show is different and sometimes the ones I decide not to take more of are the ones the sell.  So I'll bring 30 fragrances of wax melts.   It's a tough decision because I have over 100 fragrances here.  :)

I'm also taking my lip balm, solid lotion, sugar scrubs, and body butters.   I have a lot do. lol.  It's always tough to decide what to take and how much.

I have a ton of supplies coming and I'm making all of it. lol.

• Like 1

Thanks y'all!

I'm like you Suzy, I have so many FO's to choose from and I get overwhelmed with making a decision about which ones to take. I sent a few boxes of melts with some friends who are doing a show today and asked if I wanted to send some of my things and I was packing up stuff and thinking "oh! I need to send some of this, and I need to send some of that and what if they want something I didn't send etc. etc. etc!" LOL!  So I was just wondering how everyone else managed to get ready for a show without having a melt down! 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I have a spreadsheet of what to take and I've just been staring at the list trying to decide. They're all so good!    Every time, I'll get someone who will ask about scents I decided not to take.  Fragrances are such a personal thing, it's hard to please everyone.

I do the same as Scented. 

I take everything I possibly can. 

Like today - my best selling candles were Banana scent and Black Cherry scent. Go figure. Only about 20% of the candles I sold were holiday scented candles. The rest just kind of were all over the board. But I sold out of all the banana candles I had and all but one of the black cherry candles I had. 

Soaps, were a mixed variety of everything. 

I have 3 more shows to do this season and I'm hoping they are all as good as this one. :) 

I pretty much take everything. But then this time of year I make my scents for fall and christmas ahead of time and take all those with me. So I have all my fall and holiday candles and absolutely all the soap I can pack. If its a 2 day show I usually have to come home and load more soap and candles for the next day too.

• Like 1

When you're preparing for a craft show, how do you decide which and how many fragrances to take? Do you choose a specific number of different fragrances to pour and the number of each fragrance? For instance, do you decide you'll take 20 or 30 different fragrances and take 10 of each? Also, if you have random things poured laying around that you haven't sold, do you take those as well?

I'm just curious how everyone gets ready to do a show. I haven't done one since last year, but I sent quite a few clams and warmers with some friends who are doing a show today, but I thought I might try to get one in before Christmas.

Thank you for any advice and input!

Hi Belinda!

Take as many as you can...a full booth will attract a lot of people! If you are able to, buy some beautiful bags/tissue paper to put people's purchases in....(customers are always tickled and shocked that I give a beautiful gift bag/tissue paper AND a gift card when they purchase (all from Nashville Wraps...LOVE these folks and their products). Now to be truthful, offering these bags does chew into my profit, but I do this because I want to stand out from the rest...and I do. :) I did a craft show yesterday and I had a couple of wreaths that I had had for over 2 years...sold them BOTH and people came back to buy more (which I did not have)...so take whatever you can...there is always someone out there that will buy what you have. :) Wishing you an awesome and wonderfully profitable show Belinda! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I ditto what everyone has said.   And you could bring 500 scents you have made and there will always be that person or person(s) who will ask you for something you don't have! lol.... 

Trappeur

LOL! That happened to me today - do you have anything flowery - Im really not into the christmas scents - do you have lilac, yes always the opposite of what you have.