Whipped Christmas Jewel Fudge

Jcandleattic

I just made this soap! Smells amazing. Not sure if it's going to float or not - but I whipped the snot out of it. I think it's the scent that is slowing every thing down. I put my cold (yep, cold they were mixed well, but I put them in the fridge) oils with all the additives, including the scent in my mixer and whipped that up pretty well (about 15 minutes) - it was like runny mashed potatoes. Then I added my very cool lye water (was sitting in an ice bath for about 15 minutes and was already at RT when I did that) to it and mixed that up for about another 15 minutes. It was weird, as soon as I added my lye it became very very fluid - more fluid with the lye than just the oils themselves. 

Anyway, after whipping it for about 15 minutes with the lye I turned the mixer off, scraped the beaters, hand mixed in some cut up little bits of yellow, green and red M&P, poured in the mold,smacked it down, added more bits and glitter to the top, covered it and walked away. 

I don't think it will gel. 

Sorry no pics, those will come probably mid week due to it not gelling it may take a few days before it's ready to unmold. 

This is one I've wanted to do since my first whipped soap. 

I liked the consistency of my first one better. 

Next time I will try a known accelerator fragrance and see if I get the results I want. 

Either way it smells good. I think it will look good too, it just may not float.  <_<

I don't know a thing about making soap but it sure sounds delicious and the that name, "Whipped Christmas Jewel Fudge" is just soooooo beautiful!

So this is going to be a chocolate fudge soap?  Save me 2 so I can buy!  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Trappeur

So this is going to be a chocolate fudge soap?  Save me 2 so I can buy!  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Trappeur

No, not chocolate at all. 

This is what the actual candy looks like (I've made it once - he real candy - and it's good, just not great) 

I'm hoping the soap will somewhat resemble it. 

I just got home from a craft show and checked on it and it's still too soft and sticking to the sides of the molds to take it out of the mold. 

Maybe tomorrow. 

Only difference - mine will have little yellow jewels as well as the red and green... 

post-200-0-38685000-1414275775_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jcandleattic

I used Fresh Fruit Slices for it. 

I know the candy is more of a vanilla milky scent with the colored candies being cherries, but I didn't want to mess with all that, and the fruit slices sounded really good at the time. :)

Thats sounds good, cant wait to see the soaps :)