Experimental Soap

7 Pawz

Made a small batch of soap tonight and decided to just play around with it, didn't worry about the temps, although when I added the lye water to the soap oils, lye was about 105, oils about 100,no mold insulation.  The blob in the square plastic mold was leftover, so I added liquid colorant till I hopefully got the green I wanted, had a little trouble with mica, but got a little on the top of one or 2. Gotta work on that for sure.    I had no plan of doing much of anything with it when I started out. If this works out, it will be by accident :D

I learned a little about layering tho, hope this turns out.

All the molds I used are found at Walmart,  except the butterfly mold.  There are no designs on the inside of the molds, so the soap surface will be relatively flat, now if I can get it out of the mold :)

post-3542-0-72509700-1414116284_thumb.jp

post-3542-0-91315000-1414116301_thumb.jp

If they don't gel it may take a few days since they are molds of plastic. If you get in a hurry you can pop them in the freezer for a few hours then let them come to room temp after taking them out of the freezer before trying to unmold. 

Experimenting is fun, and you are doing a great job! 

:) 

If they don't gel it may take a few days since they are molds of plastic. If you get in a hurry you can pop them in the freezer for a few hours then let them come to room temp after taking them out of the freezer before trying to unmold. 

Experimenting is fun, and you are doing a great job! 

:)

Thanks, I am having fun with it, just seeing if some the rules can be broken :) will try to leave them alone at least until the weekend, but I do get impatient :)

• Like 1

Thanks, I am having fun with it, just seeing if some the rules can be broken :) will try to leave them alone at least until the weekend, but I do get impatient :)

MOST rules can be broken - or at least bent. ;)

ETA: I should have added that they can be broken or bent as long as you are careful. :P

Edited by Jcandleattic

Looks like you were having some fun with those molds. I like the green color you came up with. Its a pretty minty green.

Thank you, I was having fun, just kind of improvised as I went along, the color was Neon Green liquid pigment from Planet Earth, tho I like the convenience, it seems I have to add a lot of it to get the color intended.   I've decided I'm going to either cut back on my Walmart OO or try to use more white based oils, I added TD to my oils and it is curing out to be the cream or ivory that you see, not that I mind, its just not what I wanted.

Do you remember me posting about the white and green can of Capatriti olive oil I found at Walmart? I just used it yesterday and love it! Its a nice pale yellow and doesn't interfere with my coloring. Anyway I am pleased with the soap color I made and really like this new brand I found at Wally's. If you have it at your Wally's you should try it. So much better than Wally's virgin OO.

• Like 1

Do you remember me posting about the white and green can of Capatriti olive oil I found at Walmart? I just used it yesterday and love it! Its a nice pale yellow and doesn't interfere with my coloring. Anyway I am pleased with the soap color I made and really like this new brand I found at Wally's. If you have it at your Wally's you should try it. So much better than Wally's virgin OO.

I'm going to check on that OO you mentioned this weekend, I don't mind the creamy color, it looks nice, but not when I want white----but I'll finish up this big jug of OO in the meantime, got to figure out what I'm going to do with all of this soap!! :grin2: it won't be wasted tho, DH has a soap basket of his own----