I NEED HELP ASAP SEPERATION

I have a show tomorrow and my candles are seperating from the jar. I need help this has never happened to me before. what can I do? CAN I HEAT GUN IT? do I have to omit the candles from my show? what are the effects if they are burned.. someone please  HELP ME!!!

Edited by mzphee

Sounds like either just wet-spots or wax shrinkage due to cooler weather. 

What kind of wax are you using? How are you storing your candles? 

If it's just wet-spots it is just an aesthetic problem and will not affect the burn. If it's shrinkage, it should still burn fine, but as burning the melted wax cold go between the wax and glass. Should still just be aesthetic. 

Sounds like either just wet-spots or wax shrinkage due to cooler weather. 

What kind of wax are you using? How are you storing your candles? 

If it's just wet-spots it is just an aesthetic problem and will not affect the burn. If it's shrinkage, it should still burn fine, but as burning the melted wax cold go between the wax and glass. Should still just be aesthetic. 

hello thanks for responding, I use 6006 with excel I have never had this problem, I normally store in a box covered but this this I didn't cover the box I just placed them in to cure... I didn't think of this . should I heat gun it to fill the sides. like I can slide a thin piece of paper in the side

hello thanks for responding, I use 6006 with excel I have never had this problem, I normally store in a box covered but this this I didn't cover the box I just placed them in to cure... I didn't think of this . should I heat gun it to fill the sides. like I can slide a thin piece of paper in the side

The problem with doing that is when it gets cold it will just happen again. I would leave them as is. As long as they are thoroughly tested, there should not be a problem. 

I have a show tomorrow and my candles are seperating from the jar. I need help this has never happened to me before. what can I do? CAN I HEAT GUN IT? do I have to omit the candles from my show? what are the effects if they are burned.. someone please  HELP ME!!!

I would not worry one iota about this mzphee. I use 4786 and mine get the wet spots and separate from the jar too. It will be just fine. My candles have done this since I started making candles and it has not stopped one person from buying my candles. No worries about this girl! Customers just care about a wonderfully scented, well made candle. I hope you do absolutely awesome tomorrow...good luck! Let us know how you did. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 4

That's the very reason I like soy added to 6006. I can't stand when a candle separates from the jar wall and rattles. The wet spots do return upon burning and that's why I decided to stay with 3022 from Clarus, but even that wax has appearance issues. It does not totally separate and depending on the type of fo doesn't always develop wet spots. The problem in a nutshell is "shrinkage". The hot wax cools too quickly and begins to shrink away from the jar wall because the candle cools from the outside. Insulating the candle in a warm environment helps to gain a more uniform cooling and reduce shrinkage. There was a good thread on here once, about how to build a foam warming box; I'll see if I still have it somewhere and post. HTH

Steve

That's happened to me before. I used a heat gun to warm the sides and bottom of the jar so the wax would melt enough to make the candle adhere to the jar so it would't rattle anymore. It only happened when the weather turns cold and the wax shrinks away from the jar.