Nurture Soap Supplies

7 Pawz

Ok, after reading so many positive reviews about their micas, I ordered a few, can't wait for them to come in.  I'm just starting to build my color collection, so I thought I'd give them a try.  I did order some red oxide, thought it would be good to have around.. Don't have the sheet in front of me now, but the micas were similar to a very nice teal, gold,vibrant purple.

I haven't used any of the ones I ordered yet. Shame on me, but I suddenly went away from pink soaps lol 

However, I did buy some of the glitters and they have worked very well so far. 

I was impressed with the promptness of service and then they know what I've ordered and were asking for my opinion on one of the micas. Since I haven't used it yet, I haven't commented.

But color freak that I am, I'm wishing I would have gotten more than the sample they sent me of the persimmon orange one.  

Edited by Scented

I love their Micas and I also love their silicone log molds, I have ten so far and will eventually get more. No lining of molds and 

the soap slips right out...Pure Perfection and the service is Fantastic!!!!!!

That's good to know, I ordered two of the tall molds & waiting very impatiently for their arrival!

• Like 1

I haven't used any of the ones I ordered yet. Shame on me, but I suddenly went away from pink soaps lol 

However, I did buy some of the glitters and they have worked very well so far. 

I was impressed with the promptness of service and then they know what I've ordered and were asking for my opinion on one of the micas. Since I haven't used it yet, I haven't commented.

But color freak that I am, I'm wishing I would have gotten more than the sample they sent me of the persimmon orange one.   

Don't think I'm through ordering yet, I see more that I want to have (just in case) :) and not only that, I wanted to see what Mad OIls has to offer, I see good reviews on them also

So what colors did you opt for? 

Red Oxide, thought it would be a good basic, Teal Green, Shimmer Gold, Snowflake Sparkle, Purple Vibrance, Red Vibrance (can u tell I love Red? :) )   Got them this morning, love the way they look  in the bag so far, now time to play :)

now you need to show us your finished products! :)

:lol: I hope I can get it right tho, my main trials are trying to get the right amount of color for what I'm aiming for, waiting on my lye and CO now, I don't have enough  lye to do a 3 lb batch to put in my wooden log mold hubby made, I specifically wanted that one for the shape and cpop when I get a little braver. :) so many ideas to try and not enough time in the day

Edited by 7 Pawz

If it helps I start out with 1 tsp mica PPO for color. Once I have my first batch under my belt I go over my notes and adjust color from the finished soap. But using the 1 tsp PPO usually works the best for me. If I want a lighter color I use half or stronger I use 2 tsp.

Here's another trick, if you want a nice lavender color use 1 tsp TD and 1 tsp purple vibrance for every 2 lbs of oil. The TD brightens the purple and gives it a lovely lavender color for lavender soap.

If it helps I start out with 1 tsp mica PPO for color. Once I have my first batch under my belt I go over my notes and adjust color from the finished soap. But using the 1 tsp PPO usually works the best for me. If I want a lighter color I use half or stronger I use 2 tsp.

Here's another trick, if you want a nice lavender color use 1 tsp TD and 1 tsp purple vibrance for every 2 lbs of oil. The TD brightens the purple and gives it a lovely lavender color for lavender soap.

Thank you, It gives me a starting point, so far, my colors have been hit or miss and I do keep notes on what I do, right now, OO seems to be my color challenge, I wanted to whiten a base consisiting of mostly OO, but so far, its just been a really nice cream or ivory

Are you using extra virgin olive oil? If so, then change it to regular OO or pomace.

It's Walmart's brand, Great Value, think its extra virgin, thats in the biggest size that they carry, all the other OO's are in very small sizes.

I buy from Walmart too. Check out the other OO brands. They have one in a blue can I often buy. Sorry I don;t remember the name but you can't miss the blue can. Look on the bottom shelves where the large size OO cans sit. It is the large size with 101oz. Make sure you buy the regular OO. Its about $18 plus they have a slightly smaller size for about $15.

Yesterday I just picked up a new can of Capatriti OO at Walmart for less than the blue can. They just started carrying Capatriti OO. Its in a white and green can and holds 101 oz.

Also, do you have a Giant or Martin's foods store near you? They carry their own store brand of olive oil in the large 101oz plastic bottle for about $18. Its actually pretty good tasting too. I also use it for cooking.

I buy from Walmart too. Check out the other OO brands. They have one in a blue can I often buy. Sorry I don;t remember the name but you can't miss the blue can. Look on the bottom shelves where the large size OO cans sit. It is the large size with 101oz. Make sure you buy the regular OO. Its about $18 plus they have a slightly smaller size for about $15.

Yesterday I just picked up a new can of Capatriti OO at Walmart for less than the blue can. They just started carrying Capatriti OO. Its in a white and green can and holds 101 oz.

Also, do you have a Giant or Martin's foods store near you? They carry their own store brand of olive oil in the large 101oz plastic bottle for about $18. Its actually pretty good tasting too. I also use it for cooking.

I don't have a Giant or Martins food store near me, but I will certainly try Walmart, they're kind of limited here so to speak and they've probably moved the OO again, nothing stays where you find it----they wanted too much for CO so I'm happy with my order I just got from BA, price pluse shipping worked out pretty good, But its good to have Walmart handy in case I get too close to running out of some of my oils---

Edited by 7 Pawz

Well I always check out the supermarket where I am food shopping. I go down the cooking isle to check out the oils they have. You can usually find a store brand OO fairly cheap. Plus I am often surprized by the other oils they may be carrying, sunflower, sweet almond, grapeseed, etc. Sometimes you just need an oil in a pinch.

Also, Walmart carries some really good shortening for soaping. I use the one with the animal fat (beef tallow) and they also carry big buckets of Manteco brand lard. Both are excellent to soap with.

Well I always check out the supermarket where I am food shopping. I go down the cooking isle to check out the oils they have. You can usually find a store brand OO fairly cheap. Plus I am often surprized by the other oils they may be carrying, sunflower, sweet almond, grapeseed, etc. Sometimes you just need an oil in a pinch.

Also, Walmart carries some really good shortening for soaping. I use the one with the animal fat (beef tallow) and they also carry big buckets of Manteco brand lard. Both are excellent to soap with.

Thats for sure, I was surprised to see grapeseed oil there,but haven't found sweet almond yet and if I do, It's coming home with me.  I do use their Lard in the buckets also and the off brand shortening---

There-in lies my problem. I don't do the grocery shopping. LOL 

I really should start going with my hub to check out any soaping supplies though. Maybe I'll do that next time. :)

It surprised me as to what they offered, I found safflower, sunflower, corn, etc---but no sweet almond as Candybee had found, maybe I'm shopping to late in the day :)

The SAO is usually sitting on the very top shelf in a small square bottle along with other oils like sesame or walnut. Its kind of pricey but wow is SAO wonderful in soap! Haven't tried the walnut or sesame in soap yet. If Wally's doesn't carry it in your store try your local large chain supermarket. I have found it there.