Ok, received them

I ordered a sample pack of Premier wicks and just put two WI 745 in a 16oz. tin (3.75" diameter. The wax is 50/50 4786 and 4633. I also poured a 50/50 of 4786 and 4627.

I just read so many good reviews about the Premier, thought I'd better give them a try, lol. For these 16oz. tin I currently use two 44z (love my zincs!)

Can anyone offer a starting point for these Premier wicks?. Are my two 745 too big for this tin/wax combo? (I use 1 oz. FO pp).

Thank you!

Guest OldGlory

Mornin' Ravens, I love Premiers! I use them in pillars of 1343 and 1274, and in 464. I have not finished my testing in 6006 yet.

In the 2 pillar waxes, in 3" rounds, I found that 755 works best for 1343 and 760 works best for 1274. Your waxes? I just don't know. Without firsthand knowledge of your waxes, I would think that the 745s would be in the ballpark.

I am pouring 1 lb tins in 464 and testing woodwicks - first test burn happening right now.

It never ends, lmbo!

Mornin' Ravens, I love Premiers! I use them in pillars of 1343 and 1274, and in 464. I have not finished my testing in 6006 yet.

In the 2 pillar waxes, in 3" rounds, I found that 755 works best for 1343 and 760 works best for 1274. Your waxes? I just don't know. Without firsthand knowledge of your waxes, I would think that the 745s would be in the ballpark.

I am pouring 1 lb tins in 464 and testing woodwicks - first test burn happening right now.

It never ends, lmbo!

I think I know what you mean, OldGlory. I was asking myself why I'd want to start testing all over again when the zinc wicks work just fine, but could not come up with a good answer. Guess I'm searching for that elusive "perfection".... or I'm justa sucker for punishment, LOL

Thank you! More testing today :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a sample pack of Premier wicks and just put two WI 745 in a 16oz. tin (3.75" diameter. The wax is 50/50 4786 and 4633. I also poured a 50/50 of 4786 and 4627.I just read so many good reviews about the Premier, thought I'd better give them a try, lol. For these 16oz. tin I currently use two 44z (love my zincs!)Can anyone offer a starting point for these Premier wicks?. Are my two 745 too big for this tin/wax combo? (I use 1 oz. FO pp).Thank you!

Ravens

Currently I'm using the same wax combination as you, that Is, 50/50 of 4786/4727. Have you tried LX wicks? They work great for me most times. What I especially like is I don't get that mushroom on the first burn which inevitably happens with our beloved zincs.

Guest OldGlory

Where can I order sample packs of the premiere wicks? Ty :)

Aztec in Knoxville sells Premier wicks and I am pretty sure they offer a sample pack.