How I made my labels

Trappeur

I put up a long post about the company Zazzle who I use.  It's under Help me pickout my christmas labels.....

I wanted to show those who were interested about finding out information on designing labels for their products what you can do with this company.

Here are a few pictures of what I created by using Zazzle.

They offer stickers (labels) where you can even bring pictures over onto your label if that is a look you were looking for.

Every year I give candles for Christmas gifts to my 2 sisters.  Last year my 2 sisters came to visit me and we went out to dinner one night and had the waitress take our picture.  I found a label design on Zazzle and dragged my photo I had of me and my 2 sisters onto the label and I created this for them and this was the label on their jars....It was just such a personal Christmas gift I thought they would like (a memory of the 3 of us).

Ok, now lets see if you can pick out me! lol......I know that question is just going to be asked of me...lol

download90.png

Here is another thing I made up for myself.  Zazzle offers so many customized products and one of their products are mouse pads....(big sellers).  I had a picture of Bonnie my dog passed out in my truck with a bottle of Jack sitting next to her.  The day I took this picture of her as I walked over to my truck, I couldn't believe she passed out in a matter of a couple of minutes so I snapped a picture and when I viewed the picture, it was so comical as there happened to be a bottle of Jack sitting in the front seat next to her.....So looking at her passed out next to a liquer bottle was just so appropro as it was not a planned picture.  So I made it into a mouse pad! 

download91.png

The next 2 pictures below is of my cat "Munchkin" as a kitten 3 years ago.  When she was born, she was the runt and I thought she wasn't going to make it and so of course she became one of my favorite babies.  Here she is laying on the floor in the kitchen watching me.  She was so adorable as she lay there at the edge of her little bed with her paws crossed looking up at me.  So I created this on 2 different Zazzle mousepads and I kept for myself.  She was such a little cutie patooti....I just love her!

download92.png

download92.png

Another thing Zazzle offers are postcards.  A few years ago I came up with a marketing idea for my candles and it was to do a mailing of post cards (the extra large size) to hopeful prospective new customers of shops.  I photographed one of my candles on my front porch and did the front of the postcard like below.  The other picture is the backside of the same postcard with more detailed info about my candles.  To do something a little more personal, I thought, wouldn't it be kind of cool if I put a picture of myself on the backside so that when people talk to you over the phone they have a vision of who they are talking to once they build a repore....I've often thought of that when speaking to the same person on the phone, so I went and did it!

So this is another thing you could do with Zazzle.

Frontofblackpostcard-1.jpg

Finalizedbackofpostcard-1.jpg

So these are possible ideas for some of you if you are wondering what you could do to promote your business.

Geesh, now you know my name and what I even look like...omg......oh well, it's all good.

Trappeur

• Like 6

Thanks so much for sharing that information....wonderful ideas and wonderful pets!

Maybe I have been on the wrong website but I have not been able to find where you can design or choose designs for labels(stickers) - I only get return address labels and a tab where you can sell your designs and one where you can choose from preset designs

I would love to pay with this and see if I can get my brand on one in round and see if they print better than where I have been going- they are pretty good but I am a perfectionists and some of the borders are not exactly centered around the round label! Lol

I knew you were the middle one!

Those are great labels & yes each minute of your time spent on Zazzle seems worth it!

You knew huh? lol,lol..... :lol:

Oh yea, I know how you knew.....the last picture of me on the postcard with my dog Bonnie.....busted..... :lol:

Trappeur

Oh thanks for the compliment on my wasted hours on Zazzle.....

• Like 1

Thanks so much for sharing that information....wonderful ideas and wonderful pets!

Maybe I have been on the wrong website but I have not been able to find where you can design or choose designs for labels(stickers) - I only get return address labels and a tab where you can sell your designs and one where you can choose from preset designs

I would love to pay with this and see if I can get my brand on one in round and see if they print better than where I have been going- they are pretty good but I am a perfectionists and some of the borders are not exactly centered around the round label! Lol

I know what you mean Moonshine about the round labels....I have had that happen to me...they are hard ones.

Geesh, wish they had skype here....lol...

It sounds like the right sight.

Is this www.zazzle.com?

Trappeur

You are the one in the middle!! :)

(and I only know this because of a different forum - I saw a pic of you about a year and a half ago on that forum!) :) 

Oh well, I guess if I would have continued to scroll past the first Christmas pic I would have seen the same pic I saw then - the back of the postcard. LOL 

Edited by Jcandleattic

You are the one in the middle!! :)

(and I only know this because of a different forum - I saw a pic of you about a year and a half ago on that forum!) :)

Oh well, I guess if I would have continued to scroll past the first Christmas pic I would have seen the same pic I saw then - the back of the postcard. LOL 

I know where you saw that....lol

Oh that is right, I did put a picture up of my post cards....nooowwww I remember

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur
  • Like 2

I know what you mean Moonshine about the round labels....I have had that happen to me...they are hard ones.

Geesh, wish they had skype here....lol...

It sounds like the right sight.

Is this www.zazzle.com?

Trappeur

Yes I was on the right site- now with your instructions maybe I can figure it out! Lol

Thanks again- I have shopped this site before but never knew they did this

• 1 month later...

I put up a long post about the company Zazzle who I use.  It's under Help me pickout my christmas labels.....

Trappeur, Do you still use Zazzle for your labels????  How do they work? Do they print and ship to you or do they charge for you do design and then download the template?

Edited by flair

I missed this thread when you first posted it. Since I've known you for years I did know which of the sisters you were. I did notice that you get even prettier with time!

I'm still waiting (patiently) for some photos of your beautiful fire starters. I need some inspiration and it's starting to get cold!

Dave

• Like 1

Morning Dave!

Geesh, you asked me b/4 to put up some pictures....ok, I'll get some up.  I have some new pictures I'll be taking this week and put up but in the mean time I'll put up a few that I had pictures of.  I'll put them up in the old gallery.

And you are so kind in that compliment....lol...but at least they were farrrrr away. lol

Trappeur :D 

• Like 1

Trappeur, Do you still use Zazzle for your labels????  How do they work? Do they print and ship to you or do they charge for you do design and then download the template?

Hello Flair.

Yes, I use Zazzle for all my labels.  I pickout a design and then modify it and start adding or deleting things I want on the label and pick choose all my fonts, colors, size, etc  and they help me in the areas that I may need adjusting (at no charge) and then they ship to me.

Trappeur

If you need some help in some designing, I'd be very happy to help..just shoot me a message, ok?

Yes I was on the right site- now with your instructions maybe I can figure it out! Lol

Thanks again- I have shopped this site before but never knew they did this

Hi Moonshine,

It does take a while to learn to maneuver this site but once you get the hang of it, there is soooo much you can do on it and I love them.

I helped someone out on the board here last week and I don't mind helping anyone here. Just let me know.

Trappeur :)  

Edited by Trappeur