Does anyone use a blend of 4786 with 4633/4630?

I'm currently very happy with a 4627/4786 blend that ChandlerWIcks suggested but was wondering if anyone has tried or is currently using a blend of 60% 4786 with 40% 4633 that Cajun Candles claims they use to make their candles, or any other 4786/4630/4633 blend. I happened upon 50lbs of 4627 very cheaply, however, as I'm already half way through the 50lbs it would be more cost effective for me to switch to 4633 or 4630 with 4786 since I can get them either of them in 10lb slabs for about 100% shipping cost via USPS Priority flat rate. I live in Hawaii and have gotten estimates from suppliers all over especially on the West Coast but they all come out about the same --anywhere from 151% to 250%+ in shipping costs via USPS for 25lb to 50 or 60lb cases of 4627. Yes, you read that right --its not cheap to live in "paradise". I'm just a small time operation so I don't need large quantities of any wax and I'm happy to receive my shipments 10lbs at a time if its the most cost effective method. Of course, because of the consistency of 4627, no one offers them in quantities less than 25 lbs with the exception of the 2lb samples from Peaks. So I guess my question is, should I stick with my current 4627 blend or switch to a 4786 with 4630/4633 blend? Is the extra cost worth the benefits of 4627 or are there too many trade-off with 4630 or 4633? I'd love anyone's experience or insight!

ChandlerWicks - what kind of wicks did you use? Was wicking a problem or pretty easy? According to CS's new wick guide, with the exception of 2.5 - 3" diameter candles, they recommend the exact same size LX wicks across the board so I'm expecting that finding a wick for Cajun's blend should be pretty straight forward.

• Like 1

Using the CC 4786 and 4633, I found that two 44zinc wicks worked much better than two 51. Using two 51, the container just got way too hot for comfort. However, depending on the fo, some containers did need two 51z and did not overheat. Ht was great!

• Like 1

Using the CC 4786 and 4633, I found that two 44zinc wicks worked much better than two 51. Using two 51, the container just got way too hot for comfort. However, depending on the fo, some containers did need two 51z and did not overheat. Ht was great!

That jar got hot, hot! But the HT was the best I've ever had!

• Like 1

2 51s in a 3 inch (approx) container?? Means I've been terribly under wicking. I gave up on zinc but maybe I was doing something wrong. Would you double wick the same with Chandlers technique? Maybe I need to revisit

Kinesis, not sure what type of container Chandler used, but in my post I was referring to the containers I used, that had a diameter close to 4", like these:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_anchor-country-comfort-jar-16oz.html

and these:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-candle-bowl-14.25oz.html

51z were ok if I used more than 6% FO load, or with heavy FOs.

Hth :)

Kinesis, not sure what type of container Chandler used, but in my post I was referring to the containers I used, that had a diameter close to 4", like these:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_anchor-country-comfort-jar-16oz.html

and these:

http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-candle-bowl-14.25oz.html

51z were ok if I used more than 6% FO load, or with heavy FOs.

Hth :)

I used similar Apothercaries. the thinner glass ones.