8oz tin pictures wick testing

I thought I would put up pictures of my findings of getting the right size wick for 8oz tins.  

Wax:  gb464

Fragrance:  Orange peel and cinnamon from Community Candle

Tins:  8oz from Flaming Candle

This is my first burn which went for 3 1/2 hours.  I took pictures of then burning and then extinquished so I could see what the wick looked like.

My first choice is the cd12

2'nd choice is the htp1212

The 2 htp 41 double wicked tin the flames started struggling but on day 2 they burned great.  Though I thought the flames were a little wimpy

.The premier is overwicked and I will do another testing with the premier in a smaller size.  It had a nice burning flame I thought but the wick is too big.

The eco 14 I liked but too deep a pool and I'll do another test on that too.

All 5 tins lined up -- 3 1/2 hour burn

CIMG0858.jpg

Close up on the 3 1/2hour burn

CIMG0854.jpg

Closeup on the 3 1/2 burn

CIMG0853.jpg

Closeup on the 3 1/2hour burn with the wicks blown out

CIMG0859.jpg

Closeup on the 3 1/2 hour burn with the wicks blown out

CIMG0940.jpg

DAY #2 - THIS RAN FOR 4 1/2 HOURS

CIMG0937.jpg

Closeup on day 2 for 4 1/2 hours

CIMG0927.jpg

For day #2 for the 2'nd burning I still like the cd12 but there is carbon buildup on the wick...h.....

The 2 htp 41's really went well in this burn but flames were small. .  I think I'll try 2 htp 52's the next go around.

The 1212 is still doing fine, but has a little more hangup but hopefully it will catchup on the 2'nd burn.

The premier is too big a wick and has carbon buildup on it too.  So I know this wick needs to be smaller without a doubt.

The eco 14 is too big too but there is no carbon buildup on it....so I'll try a smaller wick on this too.

As far as scent throw on these??  Well with all of them next to one another, I couldn't tell....The basement sure smelled of this scent though! lol

Any suggestions from anyone??????

Edited by Trappeur